PDA

View Full Version : The Absorber

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Lawdog
08-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Anyone ever use one of htese things you can get at Walmart, sort of a rubbery chamois. Just wonder what the word on them is?

Mindflux
08-02-2004, 07:40 PM
The absorber is an excellent drying tool, however WaffleWeave towels are far more preferred now.

s98d7fs
08-02-2004, 08:05 PM
good lord, yes. WW towels are now a must. I got two of em in today from pakshak, just as I was finishing up washing the car... it was like a gift from the gods. It dried up the whole car (mind you its an Integra) and was still relatively dry compared to a terry cotton towel.

eShine
08-02-2004, 09:04 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41189&highlight=absorber

imported_DetailGirl
08-02-2004, 09:21 PM
The best drying towel I have ever used is the gray one from David`s Autopia store. Too bad he doesnt have them anymore, they were pricy but so so worth it.

Bill D
08-02-2004, 09:34 PM
yeah, first it was terry, then the absorber, now its ww mf! :bow

mtodde
08-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by DetailGirl

The best drying towel I have ever used is the gray one from David`s Autopia store. Too bad he doesnt have them anymore, they were pricy but so so worth it.

I must have been fortunate enough to get one of the last ones. I got it in the Wash N Dry Trio kit last month; just checked and they`ve changed to the Sonus towel now. The Soft Touch Dryer works pretty well and I use the towel after; I was concerned about scratches with the blade, but it seems to be as gentle as advertised.

hondaguy2582
08-02-2004, 10:16 PM
all waffle weave mfs work. I find none to be superior than the other. I just stick with jt internationals(I got 2 16x24s for 11 shipped). Whatever one you choose will make u happy.

Jngrbrdman
08-02-2004, 10:56 PM
The Absorber rules! I use mine primarily for enging bay drying now. I`ve had the same one for 7 years now. It is an incredible tool that just never seems to wear out. Waffle Weave towels really do kick the Absorber`s butt though. I think they are probably more durable than waffle weaves, but they just don`t dry as fast and hold as much. I would definitely suggest having one in your supplies though. They are great for cleaning out the area around the trunk lid that water always gets trapped in and drips down the bumper forever.

Pats300zx
08-03-2004, 05:01 AM
I used to use the Absorber all the time before WW towels came out. Now I use them exclusively on my jetskis and boat. They are great to have around but like Jngr says the WW`s are much better.

Bill D
08-03-2004, 08:55 AM
Jngr,

Great tip!

I won`t let the Absorber touch my paint, the engine bay sounds like the perfect place for it.

Glossequation
08-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Leafblower + 100 % cotton towel = fast and dry!!

eShine
08-03-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by blackcaraddict

Leafblower + 100 % cotton towel = fast and dry!!

Leafblower + Waffle Weave= fastER and dryER!!

Mike_Phillips
08-03-2004, 09:36 AM
I like the combination of Absorber to get off the majority of the water, followed by the Waffle Weave drying towel to remove the remaining small droplets.

Used this combo last night to dry the Pilot, worked excellent. Wife wants to get a leaf blower however because there seem to be a lot of nooks and crannies on this car that dribble water down the side after a while.

Absorber is a good product, I had one that I kept in my Drag Boat for 14 years to remove water that splashed in from waves and boat wakes. Just frumpled it up by the drive-line that comes out of the V-drive and every once in a while, wring it out. Made quick work out of removing excess water.

I actually worked for the guy who owns the Absorber company. His name is Bill Stewart. One of the nicest guys I`ve ever met.

Mike

imported_fireberd350
08-03-2004, 10:16 AM
I`ve used an absorber forever, until WW at least. The absorber`s are great but you have a much higher chance of marring the finish since there is no where for the dirt to hide, it is pushed across teh surface with the rag. This goes back to the whole water blade issue too. The absorber and CWB themselves will not harm the paint, but if there is any, ANY, kind of solids on the paint that weren`t removed during washing, which is highly likely, then they you will make swirls. I don`t plan on gettting rid of either though. I use the absorber for the dirtier jobs and occasionally use the water blade for window duties if my WW gets too soaked.