PDA

View Full Version : New to car care....help me out a little

Wicho
08-02-2004, 05:08 PM
I recently bought my 1st car ( Im 18 ) and I plan to keep it looking clean. It`s a gray, silver kinda color. I need a little help in the paint department. I bought a product called Zymol which I think you guys talk a lot about but spell it Zaino. I bought 3 applicator pads but have NO IDEA how to put this stuff on and how to polish it. It says apply, work into paint, then buff with a soft cotten cloth. Is this the most effectice way ? What should I polish it with ? Also, what are the best products to clean a ragtop and maintain it ? Thanks

Feel free to post links so I can read up on this stuff...

Wicho
08-02-2004, 05:10 PM
Almost forgot, what soap would you guys recommend ? Im using Rain X wash and wax with carnauba wax beads.

Bill D
08-02-2004, 05:20 PM
Wicho,

Welcome to Autopia :wavey

Youll find an unimaginable amount of info on detailing on this site. To start off, Zymol and Zaino are two different manufacturers and different products. I believe what you are referring to is many of us speak about Zaino http://www.zainobros.com here AFAIK.

Everything you are asking is just a search away. You can literally spend DAYS on the site absorbing the information if you REALLY catch this UNCURABLE disease ;) :D

It`s nice to have you here and hope you enjoy your detailing!

SK2003TypeS
08-02-2004, 05:42 PM
A great place to start out is the Learn icon in the upper right hand corner. Lots of "How to". After you read that, then come back with your questions. Please don`t take that the wrong way, it`s just that your questions are very general and a lot of people here can go on and on which may end up confusing you.

Congrats on your first car and Welcome to Autopia :wavey

5918mike
08-02-2004, 06:33 PM
"I bought a product called Zymol which I think you guys talk a lot about but spell it Zaino"

Don`t take offense to me laughing at ya but this just cracked me up.

I`m still pretty new here myself but do alot of reading and use the learn button up top and you`ll be on your way, the abbreviations will take some getting used to also.

Wicho
08-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Heheh, see the way I see it, the product I bought is German or somthing, and maybe I pronounce it wrong (zaimol) but I thought you guys may know something I don`t know about the wording and pronounciation (sp) ? see where Im going ahah

Bill D
08-02-2004, 10:41 PM
Nope, Sal Zaino out of Howell, NJ makes Zaino products