PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Seeks Advice !!!

nycts
08-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Been reading post here trying to absorb as much as possible.

Just got my first car, a 2004 Raven black Cadillac CTS with black leather interior. Simply put, I am trying to maintain the paint and interior as new as I can for as long as I can.

Here is my short list of products I have been using, please feel free to comment and provide feedback.

1. Meguires NXT Tech Wax- used it for the first time this past weekend, great shine and look. Was impressed. Better than the crap the car washes were smearing on my car.

2. Meguires NXT Spray Wax

3. Stoners Invisible Glass- Upgraded from Armor All glass wipes. I thought the wipes were convienent however they just suck at cleaning glass. Left streaks and glass was hazy. This stuff picked up an amazing amount of dirt and grime the first time I used it. Blue micro fiber towel was black when I was done.

4. Armor All Extreme Tire Shine-

5. Armor All Leather wipes- so far so good, however seriously examining their performance after using glass cleaner.

6. Armor All Vinyl wipes- This is old school stuff, I saw my dad and others used to clean their cars. I figured what the hell. But as I said before after seeing the performance of the glass wipes...seriously paying attention to this product.

Any feedback/advice is much appreciated. I live in NYC if that makes any difference in products I use. Also any advice on taking care of minor nicks and scratches also welcome.

Thanks

SK2003TypeS
08-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Welcome to Autopia :wavey

You should add clay to your collection. Check out the Learn icon in the upper right hand corner and find the article on clay. A lot of other great articles there including one on repairing scratches.

Keep on reading, you`ll get into the polishing phase as well.

Black is a tough color to keep up, but hangin` out here will help you do it. :cool:

imported_uflraptor
08-02-2004, 05:59 PM
Start saving for a PC you`ll thank yourself again and again.

Shawn

Sveta
08-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Chips, etc. on car nose...consider clear film bra.

There is nothing "bad or wrong" on your list and lots of people use those but I`ll stick my neck out and recommend some products for you to research and consider:

- Poorboy`s Bold N Bright for tires

- Z-10, Lexol or 1Z`s leather care [clean with woolite:water, 6 to 8:1 ]DO SEARCH leather care for more...

- 303 has some real advantages to consider.

- EX, WG, AIO/SG, FMJ...other sealants

nycts
08-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by MartyGrant

Chips, etc. on car nose...consider clear film bra.

There is nothing "bad or wrong" on your list and lots of people use those but I`ll stick my neck out and recommend some products for you to research and consider:

- Poorboy`s Bold N Bright for tires

- Z-10, Lexol or 1Z`s leather care [clean with woolite:water, 6 to 8:1 ]DO SEARCH leather care for more...

- 303 has some real advantages to consider.

- EX, WG, AIO/SG, FMJ...other sealants

Been hearing alot of positive info about Lexol.

I just started hearing about 303. Is 303 a better protectant than Armor All? What about NXT Protective Spray (new product)?? And what should I use to clean door trim, particularly around the window area? I seem to be collecting lint & fuzz there

Just to update my list-

Armor All Extreme Tire Shine- spray bottle doesn`t spray AT ALL, so traded up to Meguires Hot Shine

And I used newspaper with IG and to my surprise the results were amazing. I ended up cleaning every mirror and glass surface in my house with newpaper & IG.

Thanks for the feedback....

nycts
09-09-2004, 11:48 AM
I asked this before but got no replies...anyone have any suggestions...

what should I use to clean door trim, particularly around the window area?

I seem to be collecting lint & fuzz there