PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Moose vs P21S GEPC

Pages : [1] 2

stevet
08-02-2004, 11:52 AM
From what I have read these seem like very similar products. The hot combo right now seems to be Vanilla Moose and Poor Boy`s EX-P. I have the EX-P just wondering if the P21S GEPC would be a good alternative to Vanilla Moose? Any one try GEPC and Vanilla Moose and if so what one did you like better and why? TIA

Accumulator
08-02-2004, 12:08 PM
I used them both on ss lacquer. I liked the VM much better. It was easier to use and it left a smoother feeling finish (well, the slickness probably came from the VM`s wax, which the GEPC doesn`t have).

They`re very similar, but the VM leaves protection behind (which I didn`t really care about). The VM can be used on all kinds of black exterior trim, even the rubber around windows and doors. The VM seems better suited to PC application than the GEPC, but I don`t remember why I decided that :o

I tried going over the VM with GEPC to see if it would improve the finish, since the GEPC`s abrasives are supposed to be finer than those in the VM. I couldn`t see any improvment and I preferred how the VM felt, so I went back over the GEPC area with VM.

Scottwax
08-02-2004, 11:22 PM
Both are very good products, but I prefer Vanilla Moose for a lot of the same reasons as accumulator.

rahula
08-03-2004, 04:06 AM
If I was to apply GEPC first and then VM would the latter be a wasted step since you are saying that they are very similar products? Does VM on top of GEPC actually achieve anything except wasting my time?

raymond_ho2002
08-03-2004, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by rahula

If I was to apply GEPC first and then VM would the latter be a wasted step since you are saying that they are very similar products? Does VM on top of GEPC actually achieve anything except wasting my time?

I would pick one or the other, and not both.

Richt
08-03-2004, 05:18 AM
On my show car in a pre concours preperation I have done GEPC, Megs Hand polish and VM before EX.

The routines results looked no better than just using VM then going to EX

rahula
08-03-2004, 07:08 AM
thanks for the input. I like to ask another question in that case. Is #81 Hand Polish or VM a better glaze in your opinion? I already own #81 but was going to buy some VM but will not do so if they bring out the same results. I am after a very wet look on a solid red colour. I was then going to apply EX and top it with either P21S or perhaps Natty`s. What do you suggest?

Richt
08-03-2004, 07:17 AM
Looks are very a like but the VM is much more user friendly. I have just tried Nattys on my car and it looks a little wetter than than with P21s.

Pic is VM, EX with Carnuba and topped with Nattys.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/RichTreen/Cleaning%20Test/205-ex-nattys2.jpg

Whole car

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v354/RichTreen/Cleaning%20Test/205-ex-nattys4.jpg

Accumulator
08-03-2004, 10:14 AM
Rahula- Bear in mind that VM is pretty long-lasting for a "glaze". In many ways it`s more like a high-grade cleaner wax. This makes it different from GEPC and #81.

#81 is supposed to be nonabrasive, whereas the VM has mild abrasives.

rahula
08-03-2004, 02:07 PM
So are you saying that VM replaces the need to use both GEPC and #81 or should I still apply #81 and is there any benefit in applying this on top of VM? I already have GEPC and #81 and only need to get VM.

Another option which RichPug and others have done is VM, EX-P and then P21S or Natty`s. I like that combo and might try that instead.

rahula
08-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Ignore my last post please. It is clear that both #81 and VM are hand glaze products and since I have already used #81 I will get some VM and see if there is any difference.

Perhaps I`ll wait until I have exhausted my bottle of #81 before I get VM. In the meantime I also have some P21S as well as #16 so will wait to finish those products too. That will take me a long time though so being indecisive again I might order some Natty`s, VM and EX-P. :D

Accumulator
08-03-2004, 04:18 PM
rahula- Just my $0.02, but I`d get the VM *before* you run out of #81 so you can do a real comparison. You might even end up trying the #81 over the VM (and before #16, heh heh, that`s a hint, not that I`ve tried it).

You might find it interesting to compare the three products we`ve been discussing (the VM, #81, and the GEPC). I think you`d find that for "hand glazes", they`re pretty different.

rahula
08-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Accumulator

rahula- Just my $0.02, but I`d get the VM *before* you run out of #81 so you can do a real comparison. You might even end up trying the #81 over the VM (and before #16, heh heh, that`s a hint, not that I`ve tried it).

You might find it interesting to compare the three products we`ve been discussing (the VM, #81, and the GEPC). I think you`d find that for "hand glazes", they`re pretty different.

You are a bad man making me buy even more products! :D At the moment I have 3/4 of a bottle of #81 and can`t see me running out just yet but have taken on board your suggestion and will order VM before this finishes to see a side by side comparison. I might also try your other suggestion and try to put #81 on top of VM to see if I can see any differences.

I do agree that I need to see for myself the difference between #81 and VM however I don`t really consider GEPC as a glaze but rather a cleaning polish. I am therefore considering 1/2 the hood with GEPC, #81 and topped with P21S as it is on my car at the moment and the other 1/2 of the hood with VM topped with EX-P topped with Natty`s. This should really show off what each product can do and I like. Will keep you posted on my findings. :)

rahula
08-04-2004, 02:03 AM
One more question for you all and I really am sorry but it seems I have hijacked this thread. I think this is better than starting a new thread as it has all the relevant info I am looking for. Which combo is wetter looking in your opinion:

1. VM, EX and then Natty, P21S or #16

2. AIO, SG, and then Natty, P21S or #16

PakShak
08-04-2004, 02:10 AM
Hi rahula,

I would go with VM/EX and any of the carnauba`s you had mentioned for dark color vehicles. You might also want to take a look at ClearKote liquid CMW.

The AIO/SG combo is also good but it actually does better on lighter color cars. And it does offer really good durability.

If I had to choose, I like VM/EX/Natty`s on a dark color vehicle. This combo will definitely make the paint look wet but prep work is key.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)