PDA

View Full Version : I`m Sorry James!

Pages : [1] 2

OI812
10-18-2004, 10:05 PM
I meant to put this post up yesterday. Yesterday was one of the more important days to my wife and I.

10 years ago yesterday my son died of SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome). I have to tell you it still sucks.

Words can`t express or explain the grief a parent goes through. I miss him and the dreams I had with him SO MUCH. There is not a day that goes I by that I don`t think of him. You can`t even imagine what it is like to do CPR on one of your own childern. I know have a beautiful daughter who I just adore. I tell her how much I love her every night.

So to all you new parent and existing parent please hold your kids and tell them how much you love them. Make every moment count. To all you single people remember this, because childern are the greatest gift of all.

As I type this, it bring tears to my eyes. I can`t forget the 5 minutes of CPR I did on my son. Hopes, dreams, and everything else gone in a flash. It sucks to look at a gravestone and think what could have been......

I`m sorry and love you James!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07/04/1994 -10/17/1994

SpoiledMan
10-18-2004, 10:21 PM
I`m deeply sorry and know the love of a parent.

OI812
10-18-2004, 10:28 PM
THANK YOU, I can`t express how much it means.

Jngrbrdman
10-18-2004, 10:32 PM
I`m sorry to hear that you had to go through that. I`ve got an 11 month old son myself and not a day goes by when I don`t think about what life would be like without him and am grateful for him in my life. Nothing could replace him. There isn`t any love deeper than that of a parent for a child. A year ago I wouldn`t have been able to imagine what you went though. Now I can think of nothing worse. I am truely sorry for your loss.

Poorboy
10-18-2004, 10:36 PM
So sorry for your loss:( I feel your pain :boohoo my wife and I lived next to an incubator for 3 months wondering if our twins would live or die, being born at 1 1/2 pounds each (6 months) , our odds were not good ....but we :kneel every day and night, and they made it, then one having cancer and literally breaths away from death from chemo, we kept on :kneel and thank God they will be 5 next week. Unfortunately living through those experiences, we met and got to know many children and families who did not survive and taught us a very valuable lesson of enjoying our children one day at a time:hippi

norahcrv
10-19-2004, 06:25 AM
I`m very sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the pain you must have suffered. I only have one child (er, young man), but I am so grateful for him every day. I cannot believe how fortunate we are to have him and I know I would be lost without him.

NYV6Coupe
10-19-2004, 06:52 AM
It`s impossible to imagine the unimaginable but I can feel the depth of your loss in your words. Losing a child is a pain that I would consider unbearable.

Your son will be remembered in my prayers.

Luv-N-It
10-19-2004, 07:41 AM
Sorry for your loss.

JaredPointer
10-19-2004, 07:48 AM
Sorry for your loss. I don`t have any children, but I know what it is like to lose someone very dear to you.

Dalton
10-19-2004, 08:07 AM
I am sorry for your loss. I have 2 kids and could not imagine. When my kids get hurt (physically or emotionally) I feel sad and helpless. I do my best to comfort them and could not imagine how I would feel in your situation. My kids are the most precioous and important thing in my life.

Hang in there and love your daughter as much as you can.

grisby
10-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Sorry for your loss. It doesn`t get any easier as they get older either. I have 2 kids in the Navy and I worry about them everyday.

Take care.
bill g

OI812
10-19-2004, 09:45 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone that replied. It means an awful lot to my whole family. I know and still feel to this day that NO PARENT should every have to bury there child. In my book that is just wrong. The death of a child not only devastates the parent, it effect everyone grandparent, aunts, uncles, friend and relative for example. To everyone, god bless and keep your childern safe. Once again thanks for all the kind words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jngrbrdman
10-19-2004, 10:31 PM
My boy got an extra bottle of bananas tonight in honor of your boy. :bigups Stories like yours make me love my family even more. Sometimes things happen that are out of our control. I don`t want to have any regrets if something happens.

AutopiaAdmin
10-19-2004, 10:53 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone that replied. It means an awful lot to my whole family. I know and still feel to this day that NO PARENT should every have to bury there child. In my book that is just wrong. The death of a child not only devastates the parent, it effect everyone grandparent, aunts, uncles, friend and relative for example. To everyone, god bless and keep your childern safe. Once again thanks for all the kind words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My heart just goes out to you and your family.

I have a 10 year old son. Even though I am single, I still get to see him very often. 2-3 times during the week and every other weekend.

My days to pick him up during the week are Wednesdays and Thursdays.

After reading your post, I just couldn`t wait to leave work today and go give him a hug and let him know how much I love him. Guess what, today is Tuesday and not even the day that I get to go pick him up! I totally forgot what day it was, all I knew is that I needed to go see my son, Robert.

I pull up in front of his house and his mom and step-dad are outside. His mom walks up to my truck with a confused look on her face and then I realize that I was there to pick Robert up on the wrong day!

I felt pretty embarrased at that point but they just told me to hold on a minute and they went and told him I was there and he came out and jumped in my truck! We went to my parents house for a few hours and had dinner.

In honor of your son James I just wanted to make our time together today not just an "ordinary" visit but that every moment would count.
I fixed him a cheeseburger just the way he likes it and I made it a point to listen to every word that he had to say tonight. I even tried playing his Gameboy game with his instruction.

I think we even need to plan a fishing trip for this weekend.

Thanks for sharing your heart and helping alot of us to be mindful that we have much to be thankful for and to never take our children for granted.

Take care,

Dwayne

rabbi
10-19-2004, 10:59 PM
Thank you very much for sharing your story. I wil pray for you and your family.God bless you.