PDA

View Full Version : Moose Wax

ABCDetail
10-18-2004, 09:48 PM
I have been using PwC on all my one step details but have wanted to try out a few other products for comparison, and I`ve been eyeing clearkote stuff. Is moose wax pretty compareable to PwC? I use a PC, and noticed in the description of Moose Wax no mention of use with a buffer, is it meant for hand application? And does it work as well as PwC in the sun? Any input is greatly appreciated.

ABCDetail

Woob
10-18-2004, 10:18 PM
Hey Chris!

Moose Wax is a really strong cleaner wax. I suggest you try NXT wax, TOL`s 1 Step, or maybe even Butter Wax from Adam`s. I will give ya a call tomorrow!

scottabi
10-20-2004, 04:04 AM
It works great in the sun, and as woob said it is a cleaner wax. If you are looking at clearkote prducts I would try the Carn, moose wax. It produces a nice deep wet look. ans they both can be used with a PC and finish pad.

John Styrnol
10-20-2004, 08:37 AM
CMW is an awesome product, easy on/easy off (by hand). Leaves a deep wet look like Scott sez.

Nickc0844
10-20-2004, 09:24 AM
Butter Wax has NO cleaners into it. It is a carnauba base that has polymers linked into it to provide greater protection. Without the cleaners, it is layerable.

The 1 step that Woob is referring to from Top of the Line is Paint Perfection Glaze. Quite a bit has been said about it here on DC, so I would suggest doing a search on it for more info.

Good luck with the biz!!

JaCkaL829
10-20-2004, 09:39 AM
If you want to try ClearKote how about some Vanilla Moose?? From what I understand its very similiar to PwC, it cleans and has some wax in it. I`ve also heard Klasse AIO is a good one step product, and Meguiars #6 cleaner wax; which probably can be found locally and bought in larger sizes which might be what you want for your business.

Nickc0844
10-20-2004, 09:41 AM
The main differenece between most one-step products is whether your looking for more of a paint-cleaner versus a swirl remover :dunno