PDA

View Full Version : So is this overkill for what I did to my hood?

imported_DetailGirl
08-01-2004, 11:10 AM
I was bored out of my mind last night and remember that I was not happy with how my hood looked so I thought I would go putz in the garage. Here is what I did

Washed, clayed.

Used the PC with orange power pad and 3M fine cut http://store1.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1805_2902915

Then DACP with orange pad

Then Klasse AIO with orange pad (all I have is orange pads I hope this isnt bad)

Then Z2

The reults were pretty damn good, no scratches cept in one spot where I got the rotary out. There is some pitting but there is nothing that I can do about that.

No pics but did I reall need to use the DACP or could I have gone right to the AIO?

NavindraLR
08-01-2004, 11:12 AM
i think u could have gone straight to the aio after the 3m fine cut... by the way, u should get some white polishing pads... there probably would have been a lil better results...

imported_DetailGirl
08-01-2004, 11:16 AM
How would a white pad have given me better results?

Bill D
08-01-2004, 12:03 PM
The white pad is made of less aggressive foam for the purpose of bringing out the polishing qualities of a product. Sometimes it`s just personal preference after the kind of procedure you did.

BTW, you like the Fine Cut huh? I`ve had it for a few years, used it off and on, tried it with the PC, couldnt do anything for me then I got my rotary and used it for practicing, some better results, not remarkable and lots of mess, sometimes lots and lots of dust. I`ve had beter luck with some other products :nixweiss

imported_DetailGirl
08-01-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

The white pad is made of less aggressive foam for the purpose of bringing out the polishing qualities of a product. Sometimes it`s just personal preference after the kind of procedure you did.

BTW, you like the Fine Cut huh? I`ve had it for a few years, used it off and on, tried it with the PC, couldnt do anything for me then I got my rotary and used it for practicing, some better results, not remarkable and lots of mess, sometimes lots and lots of dust. I`ve had beter luck with some other products :nixweiss

Yes I really like the fine cut, it works better than anything I have tried. I like it much better than DACP. DACP is good for running after it, but it just doesnt take out the scratches and swirls like the fine cut. I have used everything in the Megs and 3M line up and this works the best for me. Never tried Poorboys but would like too, college for this girl has to come first though, maybe next summer.

imported_DetailGirl
08-01-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

Yes I really like the fine cut, it works better than anything I have tried. I like it much better than DACP. DACP is good for running after it, but it just doesnt take out the scratches and swirls like the fine cut. I have used everything in the Megs and 3M line up and this works the best for me. Never tried Poorboys but would like too, college for this girl has to come first though, maybe next summer.

Bill D
08-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Hmm..here`s a case of YMMV. I`m happier with DACP but *really* love 1z

imported_DetailGirl
08-01-2004, 03:31 PM
What does YMMV mean Bill?

Which 1Z do you use? Linky please. I like the fine cut because it works fast with only one attempt. I use in on my car twice a year, spring and fall/early winter.

DACP works nice after the fine cut and before the Klasse AIO but it seems to take multiple attempts when the fine cut does it once the first time. Plus when I detail for money, it helps to have something work fast so that I can get a good dollars to hour ratio.

Bill D
08-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Your Mileage May Vary, we may get different results using the same stuff

http://www.1z-usa.com

Detailers Paradise sells it as does, I believe David at the Autopia store