PDA

View Full Version : swirl and filler product under Zaino

TEGBOY
08-01-2004, 06:56 AM
Hi all, I am in the process of restoring the shine back into my Frost White 1992 Acura Integra. The car has done 220,000kms and is parked outside all the time. The front fender has been re-sprayed in the past 2 years, and the rest of the paint is original condition. I have used a couple of coats of Z-5, followed by 2 coats of Z-2. It does look presentable, but I want more. I have been slowly accumulating a detail arsenal. I have all Zaino range, most of the Meguairs and Mothers range:eek:

I always apply all my waxes etc by hand (good for building muscle :) )

The car has been fully clay-barred and does feel very smooth, but I want it to pop and for something to fill the hair-line scratches and swirls.

I was thinking about using AIO as a base the applying the Zaino over the top, I know from reading here this will work, but does anyone else have a better idea?? I was looking at this too, P21s Gloss enhancing cleanser, would this be better at hiding the marks and the such?? Remembering all products will be applied by hand...

Anyone??

paco
08-01-2004, 08:36 AM
I`d apply some Vanilla Moose or P21S GEC/S100 SEC prior to your final step.

ZaneO
08-01-2004, 10:03 AM
Get a buffer and properly polish your paint.

beanbag
08-01-2004, 04:29 PM
IF by hand:

3M SMR for light cars

3M IHG

Paste wax

shaf
08-01-2004, 08:15 PM
I am not sure what you mean when you say you have "most of the Meguiar`s range" but if you have any of their Mirror Glaze or BodyShop Pro or any of their "professional" oriented polishes it sounds like you could use them.

Check out the Learn! link at the top of the page. It should get you started on the types of products you`ll need and how to use them.

Right now you seem far too heavy on "last step" or "next to last step" products with mention of Zaino, AIO, and GEPC... you have to really polish out the swirls and scratches to make much of an improvement.

flyinhigh
08-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by ZaneO

Get a buffer and properly polish your paint.

BINGO!!!

Why would you want your car to look the same if not worse a couple months down the road?It is much more rewarding to have a real shine then a shine you cheated on .If that makes any sense lol

Even #7 should be able to get you going.Thats all I used to help out a detail gone wrong ,elbow grease ,lets see it :D .

TEGBOY
08-04-2004, 08:36 PM
Hmmm, looks like I will have to put in the hard miles then