PDA

View Full Version : EX-P durability .. so far so good

s2skimon
07-31-2004, 12:08 PM
I`d just like to report that I have 3 coats of Klasse SG done last mth..

I put 1 coat of Poorboy`s EX-P on by hand, (surprisingly yes, by hand) 2 weeks ago..

EX-P beeded like mad first rain fall last week..

EX-P still beeded well 2 days ago in the rain

I used WG QD (Wolfgang`s Quick Spritz) (cuz I simply love the smell) instead of Sonus and my paint is still "wet looking" and somewhat smooth. I was surprised

a lot smoother than worn off WG SG I had on before, and a lot smoother than Klasse SG by itself and then topped with Sonus..

Poorboy`s gets the top podium in my detailing arsenal at the moment.

and i do all my work on a 7424

just thought I`d share..

jpm

imported_norahcrv
07-31-2004, 12:45 PM
Slight hijack here, but had to share . . .I did a full PB detail (wash, clay, wash, PWC & EX-P) on my CR-V on Memorial Day weekend and haven`t dragged the hose out since then! And being in AZ, I can`t tell you how it beads - the car was in the garage for the only rain we`ve seen since April!

I do use PB QD+ every other week (or as needed) & S & W at least once a week.

Funny story, was caught in an AZ dust storm last weekend, and as I watched the dust rolling in on my freshly cleaned CR-V, mentally planned the next day of washing, polishing, etc. Imagine my surprise the next morning when I looked over my car and found VERY LITTLE dust! The many layers of EX-P & QD+ made the dust just slide off as I drove home. Got by with another S & W & QD+ treatment. Go PB!!

Norah

tpgsr
07-31-2004, 01:35 PM
Here is a picture of ex-P beading after about 1 week. This was taken after the owner pulled it in from a really really heavy rain. I was impressed how little water was on the paint, it just ran of so fast! I wish i had a video or something.

http://www.diamonddetailing.biz/gallery/albums/MercedesE320/009_17.sized.jpg

imported_Intel486
07-31-2004, 07:42 PM
I`ve got three layers of EX-P on my truck right now and I hope to be adding another one.

This wax doesn`t bead that much. It really appears to be more of a sheeting wax than beading. I like it though. Easy to sheet the water off the sides with the hose.