PDA

View Full Version : I`ve come to a conclusion about EX vs EX-P on black

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
07-30-2004, 11:08 PM
After using both products extensively, I have come to a conclusion based on my own personal observation that EX looks best on black vehicles with a rounded shape and EX-P looks better on black vehicles with a more angular shape and flat surfaces. To my eyes, the super clear wet look of EX-P really shows off the vehicle lines better on vehicles like trucks, Escalades, etc and the rich, slightly softer look of EX makesthe paint on cars with a more rounded shape (like my 626) look more liquid.

discuss....

stilez
07-30-2004, 11:51 PM
Since you have been working with these products longer and you do more cars than I do, I will DEFINATELY take note of this advice.

I`m doing a 99 Galant GTZ in black this week and was planning on EX. I think that car is a throw-up...Many angles are sharp and then a lot are curved to. I was thinking EX.

Thanks though for pointing this out. :D

s2skimon
07-31-2004, 12:15 PM
works wonderful on spa yellows too :D

04BlackAV
07-31-2004, 01:51 PM
Glad to here that as I finally broke down and ordered some EX-P as well as some Natty`s.Wonder how it will compare to using #16.

imported_Intel486
07-31-2004, 07:49 PM
I`ve been using EX-P and love the way it turns out. I use it on my truck and don`t even carry my old waxes anymore. I use EX-P on all my customer`s vehicles.

It`s more expensive than the PRO waxes I was using but is soo much easier to work with and gives such great results!

Scottwax
07-31-2004, 10:07 PM
Intel-I agree that EX-P is a great product but I do like EX w/carnauba on certain colors (mostly dark vehicles) so I continue to use it as well. Both are very easy to use and give outstanding results. ;)

mnbv
07-31-2004, 10:48 PM
How about on reds, I have heard both ex and ex-p are good, but ex brings out the "red" more and ex-p makes it more reflective/glossy.

Jcrawford
07-31-2004, 10:58 PM
Well for what it`s worth here`s my truck with SSR 2.5, PwC, EX-P.

i do like the way EX-P turns black into almost a clear mirror. It freaks people out.

I don`t know if i got a "sharp lines" truck or a "smooth lines" truck.

Anybody think i would do better w/ EX? or maybe SSR 1 before EX-P?

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/12054dsc00144-thumb.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/12054dsc00145-thumb.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/12054dsc00139-thumb.jpg

imported_Intel486
07-31-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Intel-I agree that EX-P is a great product but I do like EX w/carnauba on certain colors (mostly dark vehicles) so I continue to use it as well. Both are very easy to use and give outstanding results. ;)

I guess I`ll get some with my next order through Steve.

If it`s as easy to work with as EX-P, then I`ll probably love it.

I also love how little it takes to put a coat on a vehicle. I use a Orbital and after the first section I can do a panel with just a small squirt on the pad.

stilez
08-01-2004, 07:35 PM
mnbv: I`m not sure if you got those ideas from me, but that`s exactly how I feel :)

Intel486: EX is just as easy to use as EX-P...A little bit of dusting, but other than that, it`s great.

mnbv
08-02-2004, 01:38 AM
haha, yea I got those ideas from you. never tried eather. I have seen ex-p much more and I have liked the results. I have not seen much of ex on red though.

(sorry to "jack" the thread)

Richt
08-02-2004, 04:04 AM
I only have blue cars, take one panel - half ex and half ex-p, they both look exactly the same

samhian
08-02-2004, 07:31 AM
So what about the color red? Scottwax?????

imported_fireberd350
08-02-2004, 11:12 AM
I just ordered some SSR 2.5, EX, EX-P, and natty`s. I am going to try this combo w/ EX on half and EX/P on the other half of my black dakota (moderately rounded shape). As soon as the order comes in I`ll post the pics and my results. I am curious as well because all the cars I own and most of the work I do is on blacks! Thanks for sharing your experience Scottwax!

etech
08-02-2004, 06:44 PM
JCrawford

Have you tried vanilla moose before Ex-P?

Of all the pictures I have been seeing of black vehicles that combination catches my eye the most.

No, I haven`t tried it but will as soon as I get around to ordering those two.

I forgot to say thanks to Scottwax. I was curious about the difference between the two for my black cherokee.

It`s pretty flat.