PDA

View Full Version : #16 via PC = :D

LouisanaJeeper
07-30-2004, 10:22 PM
I tried this a couple days ago. I used a 6.5" black finishing pad on speeds 3-4. I sorta wiped the pad over the #16 tin a couple times (kinda hard to do), misted with QD once, and I was good to go over the entire car. I applied very nicely and I was able to remove the #16 quickly before it welded to the paint due to the speed of application.

stilez
07-30-2004, 10:30 PM
Nice...First time I saw this was when DavidB did it in one of his articles. Pretty clever.

Any pics? Notice any difference compared to hand?

Scottwax
07-30-2004, 10:31 PM
I`ve tried and tried, but I still can`t wax with the PC as fast as I can by hand...and Aurora40 can vouch for me on that!

LouisanaJeeper
07-30-2004, 10:32 PM
differences? I used less product and it was faster. The finished product looked about the same.

Sorry, no pics this time

kartoon
07-30-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I`ve tried and tried, but I still can`t wax with the PC as fast as I can by hand...and Aurora40 can vouch for me on that!

Well, Soctt, the fact that a tool such as PC is a hindrance to you (in this case) is yet another proof to how good and efficient you are with your hands. You seem to be in a league of your own. :bow

Don
07-30-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

I tried this a couple days ago. I used a 6.5" black finishing pad on speeds 3-4. I sorta wiped the pad over the #16 tin a couple times (kinda hard to do), misted with QD once, and I was good to go over the entire car. I applied very nicely and I was able to remove the #16 quickly before it welded to the paint due to the speed of application.

Try it with a polishig pad, you`ll be amazed at the difference.

**TIP** Use a plastic butter knife to spread the #16 onto the pad...it`s a lot easier that way

AutoNova
07-30-2004, 11:29 PM
Couldn`t you really do that with any paste wax?

Scottwax
07-30-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

differences? I used less product and it was faster. The finished product looked about the same.

It is the opposite for me. I use far less product by hand. Aurora40 and I raced at the Autopia/Meguiars meet. By the time he had waxed about 1/4th the rear quarter of a 350Z, I had already waxed the whole front (not the hood though) and the whole side all the way to where he was still using the buffer. I since I worked by hand for so long, I just developed a lot of speed.

Scottwax
07-30-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by AutoNova

Couldn`t you really do that with any paste wax?

Yes, you can. Probably works best with heavier paste waxes like #16 though.