PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Black Boxster

Pages : [1] 2

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 08:27 PM
This was one sad Porsche, lots of scratches (minor) and just all around beat up. Tons of paint chips that made the front end look like it was sandblasted.

I took some BEFORE pics but it was so cloudy and overcast yesterday that none of the scratches showed up. I did though take a BEFORE pic of the exhaust pipe and the rear paint.

My attack after claying was Hi-Temps Magnum and a LC polishing pad at 1400 rpm`s to level the paint (I also used the orange pad in a few spots).

Next came Menzerna IP and a polishing pad at about 1100 rpm`s.

Then Menzerna FP applied with my Cyclo.

AIO applied by hand and then topped with FMJ. Before I applied the FMJ I spritzed the paint down with Platinum`s Poly QD and also after I applied the FMJ.

Here is the BEFORE pic of the rear.

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 08:31 PM
Rear area, as you can see, was suffering from dull. chalky paint from the exhaust. The pipe was also cloudy and discolored.

Rubbed the rear area out by hand with IP followed by FP. Pipe was buffed out by hand with Rolite metal polish

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 08:35 PM
The interior was also in pretty sad shape. Drivers mat has a hole in it from the drivers heel, lots of coffee stains in the carpet.

Pre-spotted the mats with 303 cleaner plus the int. carpets and hit the stains with my steam vapor cleaner. Then extracted and treated the int. with 303 fabric protector.

Here is a BEFORE

Deanski
07-30-2004, 08:36 PM
Gotta love Menzerna polishes for final work as well as the hard stuff.

I`ve been playing with the new polishes for Ceramiclears and you could go straight to wax! They both have a gloss level of 5 on a scale 1 to 5 and 5 being the highest.

It`s PO106 and PO85RD. Nice stuff!

Also use their glaze every now and then and also find it like all Menzerna products, one of the best! Gotta love German engineering!

Nice work as always big guy! :xyxthumbs

Regards,

Deanski

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 08:38 PM
here is the AFTER........I had to re-clean the pedals after this picture and also an area up by the gad pedal.

Forgot to re-take another photo so this one will have to do:nixweiss

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 08:41 PM
Now a few pics of the Porsche

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 08:45 PM
Next shot

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 08:48 PM
Angle picture of the Porsche

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Ok.....last pic, gotta go eat dinner:wavey

Thanks,

Anthony

Scottwax
07-30-2004, 10:25 PM
Outstanding work as always, Anthony! I`ve got an abused S600 to do on Monday, so I feel your pain when you see such nice cars not being well cared for.

How is the FMJ holding up for you?

stilez
07-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Awesome work!!!

The tail shots look like a different car.

Like Scott, I know how you feel, after doing a beat up `02 SC430 today. Sad to see, but it makes for good pics for us :D

Can`t wait to give FMJ a shot :xyxthumbs

Sveta
07-30-2004, 10:31 PM
As always great work, pictures and write up! Thanks, Anthony.

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Outstanding work as always, Anthony! I`ve got an abused S600 to do on Monday, so I feel your pain when you see such nice cars not being well cared for.

How is the FMJ holding up for you?

Thanks Scott:)

The FMJ is holding up for me very well and I just love the look it gives me. The doctor came out and was just blown away by the results and said he would have me do a weekly upkeep on it from now on.

Anthony

Anthony O.
07-30-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by GSRstilez

Awesome work!!!

The tail shots look like a different car.

Like Scott, I know how you feel, after doing a beat up `02 SC430 today. Sad to see, but it makes for good pics for us :D

Can`t wait to give FMJ a shot :xyxthumbs

Thanks GSR, You`re going to love the FMJ, especially when AIO is the base:xyxthumbs

Originally posted by MartyGrant

As always great work, pictures and write up! Thanks, Anthony.

Thanks Marty:)

Scottwax
07-30-2004, 11:42 PM
BTW, Anthony, you guys get any of that heavy rain we got up here in the Dallas area? Lancaster and Mansfield got 12" plus in about 36 hours and we got nearly 5" in Arlington!