PDA

View Full Version : Pad combos for the PC

imported_00GREENMACHINE
07-30-2004, 06:13 PM
Looks like I will be ordering my PC tonight or I might go to Lowes and see if they have one it stock. What are some good pads to get for it that are in stock. Maybe like a combo deal that will have some to apply, remove etc.

ZaneO
07-30-2004, 06:34 PM
Probably not going to find pads locally. I suggest Detailer`s Paradise. They are having a great sale right now. I would get a minimum of 1 yellow cutting pad and 2 white polishing pads. You`ll find it`s not very convenient to remove stuff with the PC.

imported_00GREENMACHINE
07-30-2004, 07:30 PM
i know you use the yellow to use a cleaner. I just bought some s100 cleaner and plan one using that. The white pads would remove it? What about the grey pad? I have s100 carnu. wax also.

do you know if the s100 cleaner/polish will get out the lights swirls?

ZaneO
07-30-2004, 07:45 PM
Yellow pads are made for cutting and compounding, white pads are made for lighter polishes and cleaners, and grey pads are for finishing with waxes/sealant.

To remove with PC, you`re going to want some bonnets. Again, you`ll find it`s more trouble than it`s worth.

S100 polish will only remove very light surface marring.

imported_00GREENMACHINE
07-30-2004, 07:56 PM
ok white are for polishes, grey are for waxes/sealants. I was hopeing that the s100 cleaner would get it done. Well its not the first 10.00 bucks i have wasted. Could you suggest a cleaner/polish that actually gets the swirls out. I am trying to avoid a 3 step process. I am too compulsive to take the time to apply a cleaner, polish and a wax.

ZaneO
07-30-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by 00GREENMACHINE

I am too compulsive to take the time to apply a cleaner, polish and a wax.

That`s a contradictory statement. :nixweiss

If the surface requires it, you will have to have at least 2 steps to correct defects and restore gloss.

Poorboy`s Polishes are very nice, as are Menzerna`s.

SilverLexus
07-30-2004, 08:07 PM
You can find pads locally. Bret and I find the pads locally in Georgia at AutoColor, a pro body shop gear store....

imported_00GREENMACHINE
07-30-2004, 08:14 PM
yea, I read somewhere PB`s products are 35% off on phone order thur august 1st. I might get something. I guess I can get the ex and the ex-p. What about the poorboys poilsh with 100% carnuba. I have also heard vanilla moose was excellent as a cleaner/swirl mark remove/polish.

ZaneO
07-30-2004, 08:21 PM
Polish w/ Carnauba and Vanilla Moose will only fix minor surface imperfections. For heavier swirling and marring you`re going to need something like SSR 2 or 2.5.

Scottwax
07-30-2004, 10:41 PM
I really like Meguiars Soft Buff pads. I know some have had issues with the adhesive holding on the velcro, but if the pads I have bought in the last month or so are any indication, the problem has been corrected.

I believe at Meguiars site, you can purchase two polishing pads and a finishing pad for about $25 or so. That should be enough to get your started.