PDA

View Full Version : turtle wax platinim series ultra gloss

joyriide1113
10-18-2004, 05:14 PM
any one used these products. i mean. i want a full rating an opinion... ive only used the detailer and im very very impressed. the best over the counter spray ive used since. out does megs detailer and mothers show car spray

Larry A
10-18-2004, 08:25 PM
Your right about the detailer, it one of the best out there.The wax is super too,much like NXT and Nano. All 3 are so close that it shouldnt make much difference which one you use.

ALAN81
10-19-2004, 06:17 AM
TW ULTRA GLOSS is excellent product. Is it as good as SOUVERN ADAMS TS NATTYS NO but it is real good for a over the counter product.When people see or hear TW they start to laugh but not this time.7.99 well worth it.

lmnmarang
10-19-2004, 06:23 AM
Have not used the paste or liquid,but have used and very impressed w/the detailer spray.

Bob
10-19-2004, 07:18 AM
I hated it. It did not seem slick or all that smooth when I was done. The shine did not impress me either.

joyriide1113
10-19-2004, 01:20 PM
the way i see it u cant really know if peoples opinions of the product are all that good. i mean. im sure if the paint was prepped properly there would be no problem with slickness. when i first tried mothers i just washed and waxed and it did not seem slick in any way. but after a polish, glaze the wax was smoother than ice. it all depends on the proper prep. but there is something i have noticed when it comes to turtle wax ultra gloss. the detailer doesnt seem so slick either after buffing off, not like other premium over the counter detailers like megs or eagle one...

Bob
10-19-2004, 01:27 PM
the way i see it u cant really know if peoples opinions of the product are all that good. i mean. im sure if the paint was prepped properly there would be no problem with slickness. when i first tried mothers i just washed and waxed and it did not seem slick in any way. but after a polish, glaze the wax was smoother than ice. it all depends on the proper prep. but there is something i have noticed when it comes to turtle wax ultra gloss. the detailer doesnt seem so slick either after buffing off, not like other premium over the counter detailers like megs or eagle one...

I split the hood in two and prepped the whole hood the same. I was trying outt wo new products at the time. Ultra Gloss and NXT. NXT was much slicker and more smooth than the Ultra Glass was. NXT even hid some swirls.

ALAN81
10-19-2004, 03:14 PM
2001 I really don`t know what happened but before I post my opinion I try a product a few times before I have my say.I am not a TWUG fan but the 5-6 times I used the product it preformed well.I will not say its as good as NXT but the feedback is positive.I just wonder what happened.I was pretty inpressed for a 7.99 product

Bob
10-19-2004, 03:16 PM
2001 I really don`t know what happened but before I post my opinion I try a product a few times before I have my say.I am not a TWUG fan but the 5-6 times I used the product it preformed well.I will not say its as good as NXT but the feedback is positive.I just wonder what happened.I was pretty inpressed for a 7.99 product

Yeah, I don`t know what happened. And that was not the first time I used it, I used it on two whole cars as well and was just not impressed with it. But everyone has different view, opinions, and taste I guess.

6cyl's_of_fury
10-19-2004, 07:50 PM
I recently waxed my dads car with it ( he got it as a present in a "car care" gift basket so he insisted I use it ) and Im not that fussed about it, but it is a reasonable product. The gloss was nice, slickness reasonable - longevity? Jury is out still, I only did his car about 2 weeks ago but it sems to be holding up just fine, but then again it is spring here in Australia, so fine sunny 25 degree celcius days arent exactly punishing on a cars finish.......