PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar`s High Endurance Tire Gel?

Pages : [1] 2

Mindflux
07-30-2004, 11:02 AM
What happened to this stuff? The purple paste/liquid that smells like grapes?

I haven`t found it in the stores since NXT appeared?

Mike? Anyone?

topnotchtouch
07-30-2004, 11:13 AM
May just be a local thing, I still see it all over the place here. It is getting hard to find the Original Formula but, the High Gloss version is still all over the place.

Mike_Phillips
07-30-2004, 11:30 AM
Hi Mindflux,

It`s just a placement issue. It`s still available and a good seller, it`s just hard to get good placement.

Mike

AutoNova
07-30-2004, 11:41 AM
A fair product, stick with an aerosal or liquid that you can put in a spray bottle. I buy a 5 gallon tub of tire dressing and put in a Hudson sprayer and it is a great process.

Mindflux
07-30-2004, 01:17 PM
None at Autozone, advanced auto, pepboys OR Walmart.

I like it better than the aerosol, by the way, aerosol overspray sucks..

Although I do like Stoners MSLT.. just don`t like the overspray or runoff onto my wheels.

Mindflux
07-30-2004, 03:38 PM
found some of the high gloss stuff at Autozone down the road, the others were out.

This may work, although I`ve never tried the High Gloss version, just the regular usually. This looks more liquidy, the other looks a little more solid and a lighter purple, this definately looks more liquified?

Mike_Phillips
07-30-2004, 03:55 PM
Hi Mindflux,

Some people really like the high gloss version while others do not. Personally, I lean towards the original version.

I would recommend washing the tires well first, then apply and work in the Endurance Gel, let it penetrate for 10 -15 minutes, then locate one of your tattier towels, not worthing of being used on paint and wipe the tires down to remove any excess.

Mike

JustinR32
07-30-2004, 09:03 PM
I MUCH prefer the Hot Shine Tire Spray. Great look, no sling, easier application. That and Stoner`s MSLT For Tires are my top tire dressings. I haven`t even broken the seal on my #38.

Tom

mikebai1990
08-12-2006, 11:55 AM
For tire gels like the Meg`s Endurance, how should I apply it? Squeeze onto tire swipe and swipe entire tire?

silkstone
08-12-2006, 12:31 PM
most people get tired of swiping & applying with a tire sponge. Much easier to just shoot some "Insane Tire Shine" at the rubber, and walk away.

mikebai1990
08-12-2006, 12:33 PM
I was looking for durability, so I just bought some Megs Endurance. Do you guys just squirt one stream of the gel onto the tire swipe and apply onto tire?

ifoam
08-12-2006, 01:38 PM
i saw some at biglots of 3.99 a tube

D3mon
08-12-2006, 02:23 PM
It`s quite good for durability. I`ve been applying it with a small dish-type sponge with reasonable success, but its nasty stuff to work with and invariably finds its way onto painted parts which require some serious re-cleaning to remove it. Once, I used (ruined) an old MF polishing cloth applying it.

gpm4
08-12-2006, 02:49 PM
ive just started using the armor all gel and i like it real well, does have a high gloss but i have found that if i just wait 15 minutes then use a old towel and go back over real lightly it takes out some of the high gloss... and i use it with the sponge that comes with it.. durability seems real good and no sling from it either...

mblgjr
08-12-2006, 02:59 PM
The High Gloss End. Gel is nice and lasts forever, but is a pain to put on if you have anything other than a smooth sidewall.

I`ve only come across the original version ONE time. I liked it a lot better, looks wise.

I gave up and use the Meg`s Hot Shine End. spray (non-foam) as a base and keep it up with 3:1 Hyper Dressing.