PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang over Klasse

Carl Anderson
07-30-2004, 08:23 AM
Well, I recently detailed my Jet Black M3 using Klasse AIO followed by 3 coats of Klasse sealant. I had decided I would not top this with a carnuba, but instead reapply Klasse PRN (as needed). Well, this is kind of like when I say I will be keeping a vehicle forever - invarabily this is the time I make a change. So yesterday I washed the M3 and applied Wolfgang. I forgot how easy it is to apply and remove; it takes almost no effort! And the slickness of the paint is just incredible.

Now I`m not sure these products are compatible. I really doubt the Wolfgang removed the Klasse. But it certainly would not be any big deal to reapply Wolfgang every few weeks. And it does have real depth of shine and a lot of clarity. Ease of application, carnuba look, protection of the underlying Klasse, and the slickness of Wolfgang are all qualities I would like to see.

Note: I hadn`t used the Wolfgang in a couple of months and it did have a sour smell. Also, you have to shake it a long time to get the product into solution after it sits on the shelf for a while.

BillNorth
07-30-2004, 09:18 AM
I wouldn`t worry about compatibility. WGSG has alot of oils and fillers in it (from what I can tell in my experience), it`s probably just sitting on top of the KSG. Use it/treat it as a topper like you would a carnuba wax.

JMHO,

Bill.

imported_memnuts
07-30-2004, 09:20 AM
"And it does have real depth of shine and a lot of clarity. Ease of application, carnuba look, protection of the underlying Klasse, and the slickness of Wolfgang are all qualities I would like to see."

Carl,

Which appearance do you like better on black? SG or SG topped with WG?

s2skimon
07-31-2004, 12:14 PM
I think it should still give you that "wet look" with the super slickness of WG. I have EX-P over Klasse and i`m really enjoying my finish.

jonw440
07-31-2004, 12:31 PM
How about AIOx2 (for complete coverage) SGx3,WGPSx2,S100X2.

That should about cover it!! Good thing my Truck has the high GVW. All that weight of sealants and carnuaba wax!! :D :rofl

Carl Anderson
08-01-2004, 09:37 PM
Photo 2 days after the detail.

Carl Anderson
08-01-2004, 09:41 PM
This is the hood of our Mazda Tribute with Wolfgang over Klasse and me putting a second coat of Klasse Sealant on my wife`s Lexus.

PakShak
08-01-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey Carl,

Is that you standing in front of the Lexus RX330? Looks like a bottle of Meguiar`s Final Inspection. :D

Car looks great.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

Carl Anderson
08-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Yes, Ranney, that is me. I always think of myself as younger until I see myself in pictures. That is Final Inspection which I purchase by the gallon and use all the time.

toneyk
08-04-2004, 10:28 AM
Wolfgang is by far my fav sealant doubt if i will try anything else

PC and sonus pad kit on way so i should really be able to work #80, #7, WG combo, #80,WGx2 looks great not sure but might try some S100 as topper

Karl