PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy Sale! What`s a must have from their line?

Pages : [1] 2

twopu
07-30-2004, 07:38 AM
I might be the first to say this but I used the AIO and SG for the first time on my black accord and I wasn`t that happy with the results. I followed the directions from CMA and various tips from the board but it wasn`t that smooth and sparkling as when I used 3M products with my PC. I must say it looked a lot better on my wife`s silver santa fe but still not as smooth as the 3M.

I`m always looking for different stuff for myself and an on the side detailing business. It has to be quick and easy and not require cure time(durability would be nice). After some research I have read wonderful things about Poorboys product line. I`ve only tried BNB and I really like it but now that they`re having a sale (35% off) I want to try some other things. Just a few questions.

1. What`s a MUST have from their product line?

2. Is EX better for black and EX-P better for silver or does it really matter? I would rather just get one. Also, do you get better results using VM with them?

3. What SSR do most people get? I have some pretty good swirls from winter car washes. Not horrible but noticable.

4. PP seems versatile. What do you guys use it for?

5. Is Nattys better than S100? I just got S100 for that summer time POP but I have no plans on using during the Jersey winters. Is nattys more durable and does it give a POP?

Thanks for your help!!!

EBPcivicsi
07-30-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by twopu

I might be the first to say this but I used the AIO and SG for the first time on my black accord and I wasn`t that happy with the results. I followed the directions from CMA and various tips from the board but it wasn`t that smooth and sparkling as when I used 3M products with my PC. I must say it looked a lot better on my wife`s silver santa fe but still not as smooth as the 3M.

I`m always looking for different stuff for myself and an on the side detailing business. It has to be quick and easy and not require cure time(durability would be nice). After some research I have read wonderful things about Poorboys product line. I`ve only tried BNB and I really like it but now that they`re having a sale (35% off) I want to try some other things. Just a few questions.

1. What`s a MUST have from their product line?

2. Is EX better for black and EX-P better for silver or does it really matter? I would rather just get one. Also, do you get better results using VM with them?

3. What SSR do most people get? I have some pretty good swirls from winter car washes. Not horrible but noticable.

4. PP seems versatile. What do you guys use it for?

5. Is Nattys better than S100? I just got S100 for that summer time POP but I have no plans on using during the Jersey winters. Is nattys more durable and does it give a POP?

Thanks for your help!!!

1. IMO, S&W, PWC, EX-P, EX, and SSR1, SSR2

2. I think you are probably right with your product/color assumptions though I have EX-P on my dark green (almost black) accord and it ooks GREAT. Hard to choose one over the other.

3. Sounds to me like you should go straight to SSR2.5.

4. Very versatile. A bit of a learning curve. Use very litle and either use it until it is gone or allow it to dry FULLY before removing. I like to use it when I want maximum clarity with a sealant. You can also use it as a precleaner before the SSR`s to clean the paint and give you a better idea of what defects you are trying to remove. The placement of this product within the detail will give varying results. It is also great on glass, chrome, plexiglass, aluminum, etc.

5. Natty`s is on my list.

twopu
07-30-2004, 09:28 AM
Thanks ebp!!! I`m getting up early tomorrow to place the order.

twopu
07-30-2004, 10:06 AM
What is PWC for? I thought SMR`s, EX`s, Nattys was enough. Is PWC a one step quick detailing products for well maintained cars?

spotter
07-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Well I am sick..just ordered a gallon of Spray and Wipe this week. I love this stuff mixed 50/50 with QuickShine. I also like the EX as well. Scottwax seems to like all of his products pretty well and that is all I need to know. I would say this is the time to order whatever you need and maybe just whatever you might need.

Bill D
07-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by twopu

but it wasn`t that smooth and sparkling as when I used 3M products with my PC. I must say it looked a lot better on my wife`s silver santa fe but still not as smooth as the 3M.

Do you mean a 3m last step product such as the wax? Or do you mean the car topped with the Klasse twins didn`t look as good as it did when polished with 3m compounds/polishes ( or both them and the wax)?

tom p.
07-30-2004, 10:23 AM
Musts >>

PwC (great product)

Natty`s - - for the real Carnauba lover

EX-P

(i have used EX but not EX-P but most suggest the later is a more advanced product - - YMMV)

Steve ROCKS! Nice products, easy to work with. :up

twopu
07-30-2004, 10:34 AM
the car topped with the Klasse twins didn`t look as good as it did when polished with 3m compounds/polishes

Butler230
07-30-2004, 10:42 AM
I`ve been itching to buy some PB products for a while now. Where do I go to find the sale items?

twopu
07-30-2004, 10:43 AM
poorboysworld.com

Butler230
07-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Thanks

Bill D
07-30-2004, 10:48 AM
Hmm... I`ve polished with some 3m stuff and topped with Klasse. Klasse doesn`t have polishing capabilities like say, smr, PI III MG, FC RC, etc.

imported_fireberd350
07-30-2004, 10:51 AM
How do the SSR`s compare to DACP. I am looking for something fairly aggressive like DACP to use on black. Are any of these a replacement?

Good find by the way! Going to order some EX and natty`s

Scott P
07-30-2004, 10:53 AM
SSR2.5 is a touch more agressive than DACP, but breaks down finer.

imported_fireberd350
07-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Sound good to me. I`ve been using 1ZPP and it just aint cutting it. Need something more aggressive.

I really wanted some EX but they are out of stock.

Looks like:

EX-P

Natty`s

SSR 2.5

Natural Look

Bold and bright

Total Savings of $25....Go Poorboys!

I sure hope they get a miracle order or EX in like today, and then I`ll get both EX and EX-P:xyxthumbs