PDA

View Full Version : Forgot to post this in my other thread!

Scottwax
07-29-2004, 11:41 PM
This is the camera truck I have been working on late at night for a local TV station. I have it about 2/3rds finished, but right now, it is in California at the Cowboy`s training camp (or on the way, I guess) so I can`t finish it for a few weeks. Anyway, I`ve been using Protect Alls Fiberglass Oxidation Remover & Color Restorer with my PC and a Meguiars polishing pad. Picture isn`t great because of limited lighting, but at least you have an idea of what I am up against!

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/1099Channel_11_camera_truck.jpg

SpoiledMan
07-30-2004, 12:47 AM
Wow. If you don`t mind me asking, how much? You can PM that to me if need be.

Scottwax
07-30-2004, 12:51 AM
I`ll probably have 8-10 hours into it by the time it is finished, so in the $400-500 range. I quoted them a $50 an hour rate.

Sveta
07-30-2004, 01:22 AM
There must be a lot of hand work around all those doors and panels that the PC can`t reach. I also see "hardware" on the truck with hoses or wires, etc. How do you handle those things (if at all) and the areas around them? Do you get on the roof or can the top be reached from ladders?

stilez
07-30-2004, 06:38 AM
:lol at the big "Eye" on the side.

How do you like the Protectall Product?

DaGonz
07-30-2004, 10:36 AM
They are a CBS affliliate.

Scottwax
07-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by MartyGrant

There must be a lot of hand work around all those doors and panels that the PC can`t reach. I also see "hardware" on the truck with hoses or wires, etc. How do you handle those things (if at all) and the areas around them? Do you get on the roof or can the top be reached from ladders?

I am not doing anything with the roof (per their instructions), nor the cab of the truck. They are changing their logos (the local affiliate) and wanted the ghosting (outlines) of the old decals gone prior to applying the new ones, plus the shine restored. Basically, I am just polishing out the sides, the back and about 12" on each side of the front of the box part. Other than the vents, I can get everything they want done by PC.

Sean-the Protect All product works pretty good! It is specifically formulated for fiberglass and gelcoat finishes so it cuts though the oxidation better than any of the automotive grade products I have. Leaves a decent shine too.

stilez
07-30-2004, 01:33 PM
Interesting...Are you sealing it with anything?

Scottwax
07-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Sean-Protect Alls Fiberglass Oxidation Remover & Color Restorer seals the gelcoat, but I am going over the whole truck with EX w/carnauba since they wanted a 2 step on it.