PDA

View Full Version : Just used PC....cant tell a difference

Pages : [1] 2

Bowens99gt
07-28-2004, 08:22 PM
I dont know whats wrong if I`m using the wrong stuff or what but today I picked up the PC wasting my money like usual and I bust it out with some zaino and I work about a quarter of my hood and I can`t see any difference. I had it on like setting 4. Wipped off and still looks the same. Do I need some other kind of polish? Someone please help before I regret getting this thing.:(

Aurora
07-28-2004, 08:36 PM
I`ve never used Zaino, but from what I gather they don`t have any products that actually cut. If by a difference you mean that-removing swirls and scratches, you gotta go with a polish.

flyinhigh
07-28-2004, 08:36 PM
Hey I noticed the same thing tonight.It seemed I was using to much polish (meguiars) .But I only put a tiny drop on the pad .

Im going to read some post on it,It seems odd that I can use a rotory better then the PC .might be some variable`s on my part too .The car was very neglected,oxidized and I used alot of cleaner so this may be why the polish seemd to smear or basically burn ,odd though I never had this problem with my cheap HS rotory..

Mike,

imported_Interspy24
07-28-2004, 08:38 PM
Yep, others will chime in but here`s a brief version.

The pc is awesome at getting paint to look good and saving time. By using zaino, you`re only really putting it on faster, you`re really not using the machine`s ability to remove surface imperfections and enhance gloss and so on. Are you using the pad it came with? It`s okay, but I`d recommend getting some new ones from properautocare.

Best results for me came with using a nice strong polish like Megs #82, DACP, SSR2, and so on. With these polishes, the paint really cleaned up and looked better when the wax or sealant was applied. Remember, the wax is the last step. it`s the prep work that accounts for 90% of the final finish of the car. Hope this helps.

Vik

Bowens99gt
07-28-2004, 08:39 PM
I`ll be getting some menzerna IP and FP next week and we`ll see how that goes. Is that more what I need? How does AIO and P21S sound to follow?

Bowens99gt
07-28-2004, 08:40 PM
So your saying I should get some better car wash, towels, pads, ect?

imported_nowaterno
07-28-2004, 08:56 PM
I saw pads but not the other stuff :)

acl99
07-28-2004, 09:10 PM
zaino isnt a polish, its just a protectant. You need a real polish , something with abrasives in order to remove defects :D

Bowens99gt
07-28-2004, 09:23 PM
ok so heres my shopping cart list to buy:

~ Menzerna IP and FP2

~ MF towels

~ orange cutting pad????

~ White polishing pad

~ P21S Carnauba wax

~ Klasse AIO

Anything else to make my baby shine?

hondaguy2582
07-28-2004, 09:32 PM
Id go with the advanced pads. Hold in the product better and have better backing.

If I were you, replace p21s with #16 meguiars paste wax. I gave away mine after using #16 because its more durable, just as easy to apply and remove, and will last me forever.

Just my 2 cents.

Bowens99gt
07-28-2004, 10:15 PM
what are advanced pads?

JaCkaL829
07-28-2004, 10:50 PM
http://www.properautocare.com/adfoampadfor.html

CMA is also running a sale, so i`d take advantage of this low price on pads, whether you get the advanced or standard. :cool:

thinksnow
07-29-2004, 05:57 AM
Bowens, this is good advice. The price on the advanced pads alone is reason to buy. You`ll want more polishing pads than cutting pads or finishing pads (I suggest 1-2-1 or 2-3-2). After the IP and FP--you`ll see a difference :up

Great call on the AIO. Try to find things it won`t do.

#16. Enough said.

Originally posted by hondaguy2582

Id go with the advanced pads. Hold in the product better and have better backing.

If I were you, replace p21s with #16 meguiars paste wax. I gave away mine after using #16 because its more durable, just as easy to apply and remove, and will last me forever.

Just my 2 cents.

Steve A
07-29-2004, 08:59 AM
If you order from CMA and you are still interested in P21S, you can order S100 from the motorcycle section.

imported_Lawdog
07-29-2004, 09:11 AM
They`re out of the polishing pads.