PDA

View Full Version : Stuf Full Product Line Review

Yardik
07-27-2004, 11:17 PM
Thought I`d start this up to go over my experience with the Stuf products, from day 1 to finish. We`ll start with ordering and shipping and go from there.

Ordering

Was a snap. I live in Canada and was unsure of how hard it was going to be to get it shipped out (or how pricy). Waxgirl facilitated this by corrosponding with me via email. Within 24 hours of my initial inquiry she had my Stuf on the way.

I ordered a bottle each of the wash, polish and wax.

My order went through on the 20th, the Stuf arrived on the 27th. Not too bad or international shipping. The package arrived well packed and neat.

Total Cost:

$12 - Wash Concentrate (Clean Stuf)

$14 - Polishing Compound (Polish Stuf)

$14 - Carnuba Creme Wax (Shine Stuf)

-$6 - Discount 15% (To offset the shipping costs, thanks waxgirl)

FexEx Shipping $13.30

Grand Total: $47.30

http://members.rogers.com/c-kannon/DSCN0192.jpg

The (dubious quality) microfiber cloth they threw in for free. Also a nice touch. I`ll give it a whirl and see if it sheds as much as it feels like it will :nono

Overall Customer Service Rating

Excellent. I felt well taken care of and everything went off without a hitch. I felt that if there had been any problems with the shipment, it would have been dealt with quickly and painlessly.

:up :up :up :up

The only reason it didnt get 5 thumbs up would be the shipping costs. However, if I were to order in larger quantities, or a few of us in the Toronto area were to pool our orders together, this would have been much less of a problem. If the products hold up well enough, I`ll likely order a few bottles at a time to offset this.

Unfortunately my new ride is still in transit(Friday it will arrive hopefully, no way I`m detailing my rental), so a review of the products themselves will be forthcoming. I know Scottwax had good results from the carnuba(although its longevity is suspect), I`m just itching to try the polish and see how good the wash is.

Back soon, with some before and after pics!

Regards,

Scottwax
07-27-2004, 11:24 PM
Let us know how it works for you, I am especially interested in hearing about the polish since I only have the wash and the wax.

It isn`t going to replace Souveran or anything like that, but it is a very quick and easy way to wax a car with pretty good results.

Yardik
07-27-2004, 11:32 PM
I doubt many things could replace Souveran :) However, how did you find the wax stood up again comparables like P21S or Megs 16 or 26 , based solely on pop value?

Scottwax
07-28-2004, 12:00 AM
I think it is most similar to Meguiars #26, a warm carnauba glow.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-28-2004, 07:31 AM
Scott, I think youll be surprised with the polish, has some serious bite........

Scottwax
07-28-2004, 08:51 AM
Patrick-how would the polish rank compared to Meguiars BSP products as far as aggressiveness? I am sure it is stronger than #81.

imported_edschwab1
08-02-2004, 11:59 PM
I look forward to your review. What is your new ride?

Eric

Yardik
08-03-2004, 12:12 AM
Hmm.. just how abrasive is this polish? Seeing as my car (and therefore the paint on it) is brand new, I don`t think i need to be using anything abrasive. Maybe I`ll just stick with good old AIO and hold off on the polish until I need it.

Your thoughts?

Eric: My new black mica Mazda3 GT was written off by some 17 year old in a jeep about a month and a half ago, its replacement is on the way and shows up this Friday.

david328ci
08-03-2004, 02:46 AM
What`s the website for Stuf? They`re located in pasadena right? I live super close will they let me do a pickup?

WAX2MUCH
08-03-2004, 09:41 AM
Yes, in Pasadena.....Stufproducts.com...or give`m a call 626-396-4094. I have been pleased with their liquid carnauba.

a.k.a. Patrick
08-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Patrick-how would the polish rank compared to Meguiars BSP products as far as aggressiveness? I am sure it is stronger than #81.

Scott, id rank it up there with SSR1....Its just a tad more aggressive than most sister polishes, BF, Platinum ive used. It left the surface incredibly clean and glossy. I wouldnt go as far as #80 though........Mind you I havent used a very wide variety of polishes....SSR line, 3M SMR, DACP, #80, BF, Plat, Wizards Final Cut, a few others....