PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Moose Overusage

JayJayPG
07-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Hey guys...

I took my new PC7424 to my RSX-S last weekend with the PC + white pad on 6. I could not believe how incredible the car looked! (my days of hand polishing are over). It literally took me 20-25 minutes to polish the whole car vs 45-60 minutes by hand.

Here is my (stupid) question...I use VM religiously. I understand the product has slight abrasives in it, so I am concerned that overusing the product could lead to eventualy paint damage. I usually top it with S100, but I am planning on switching to a sealant (EX-P) since my car is not garage kept. Is this something I need to be worried about? I usually VM the car once every two weeks.

BTW - VM works incredible on windows!

ZaneO
07-27-2004, 10:47 PM
I don`t see it to be a big problem, but to be safe I would cut back to once a month.

Is there really a need to use it as often as you do?

Scottwax
07-27-2004, 10:59 PM
VM is very mild. Once a month for years should be fine.

JayJayPG
07-27-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by ZaneO

Is there really a need to use it as often as you do?

It just seems to really bring the paint to life whenever I use it. I was using #7 + NXT and I just switched back to VM +S100 and the difference in depth was night and day (although the PC probably had a lot to do with that).

Would it be better to apply EX-P with a grey finishing pad or by hand?

Thanks for the replies guys

ZaneO
07-27-2004, 11:26 PM
What wash and QD are you using?

EX-P will go on fine either way.

Sveta
07-28-2004, 12:04 AM
VM is pretty mild as polishes go. (#7 is like next to nothing abrasive wise). VM every two weeks by machine? I really can`t say if that would be too hard on a paint you intend to keep for any length of time. However, if you EX-P every two weeks...THAT sounds like overkill, IMHO.

I`ve still got definite slickness with VM + 2x EX-P + #16 after two months!...a few rainy days and weekly wash/QD. I`m happy to beat the heat and concentrate on the interior in the summer.

Do you really want to VM + EX-P every two weeks?

If you like to polish and wax every two weeks why not alternate VM with say #7 or #81 or #3 or #5 or #80 or FP or etc. and top with a good carnauba wax like #16, Natty Wax, #26 Liquid, or even S100?

If your going to start using a sealant like Ex-P why worry about VM being abrasive or not? EX, EX-P, WG and FMJ should all last two or three months minimum. Just parting thoughts. Probably not the answer your looking for. Sorry. :usa

mnbv
07-28-2004, 01:47 AM
wow, ex-p lasts that long? nice...

membim
07-29-2004, 02:56 PM
If you VM every week, you probably don`t need to wax or seal. I washed my car after 10 days of VM by itself and could def tell that there was protection left.