PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Use To Clean Wheel Wells?

ALAN81
07-27-2004, 06:29 PM
I was just wondering what you use to clean wheel wells? some people use STONERS and I use a hose what do you use?

Bill D
07-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Do you mean to clean or dress? If you mean clean a good apc or degreaser will do, I even use plain Castrol Super Clean.

ALAN81
07-27-2004, 06:37 PM
I mean clean but if you have a product that dresses the wheel well I glad to here what you have to say

Bill D
07-27-2004, 06:42 PM
plenty of products discussed, among these threads is what floats my bloat:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=484636&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

tkr128
07-27-2004, 06:48 PM
I rinse out the wheel wells first with plenty of water, then I spray a 1:2 solution of APC+ on everything (you can use pretty much any kind of APC you have on hand). I use a couple of soft-bristled brushes and scrub everything I can get to. I then rinse it off and inspect for any stubborn spots and spray them directly with Citri-Gel or APC and let it sit for a while before attempting to scrub again. Rinse clean and wipe dry. I usually just dress it with whatever vinyl/rubber protectant is handy at that moment although I hear Engine Kote is a good in wheel wells.

Bill D
07-27-2004, 06:51 PM
Citri-Gel

That`s another wonderful cleaner that is a real shame is no longer made :( :down

I had the opportunity to use it a few times and I love how it clings and is safe for undercarriages, tires,wheels and even paint on the lower body.

tkr128
07-27-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Bill D

Citri-Gel

That`s another wonderful cleaner that is a real shame is no longer made :( :down

I had the opportunity to use it a few times and I love how it clings and is safe for undercarriages, tires,wheels and even paint on the lower body.

I agree. I`ve got a tiny bit left that I`m saving for "special occasions". :D

longarm
07-28-2004, 02:54 AM
I am going to try and use that cirtus atuff that you can get pretty much anywhere. I strongly reccomend purchasing one of those big plastic rim covers to use when spraying your tires down. I just got one and love it. I cut it down because both my car and truck have 16 inch rims. Very handy.

imported_memnuts
07-28-2004, 06:03 AM
Diluted APC that is allow to soak for a few minutes and wash away grime with my pressure washer.

Dress with PB`s Bold & Brite. :xyxthumbs

Gonzo
07-28-2004, 06:19 AM
Mostly I`ve used Castrol Super clean. Spray and let it dwell about 5 minutes. Spray again and let it dwell some more, then rinse will using a pressure washer. Effective for the removal or road grime and slick rubber.

After my grout incident, I actually pulled the fender liners and used some muriatic acid and super clean. - both were equally effective when used un conjunction with a stiff bristle brush. Before reinstalling, I spray them down well with Vinylex and wipe away the excess with a terry towel. Lit sit about 1/2 hour or so. This is an experiment in progress.....

jasonmac
07-28-2004, 08:02 AM
I have some 303 Cleaner that works very well, but will probably give the Castrol Super Clean a try when I run out (just for comparison)...