PDA

View Full Version : E2K DA update

detailbarn
07-27-2004, 04:26 PM
I was able to meet up with Aaron and Saul over at Dedication to Detail on Thursday of last week I had a good time seeing how the pads are made and got to discuss the adapter situation and got a "factory modifed" adapter to test. First let me say the shop tour was great these guys are grass roots, some of the equipment need to make the pads wasn`t avaiable so these guys made them or took what was available and modifed it to work the way they wanted to. End result a very efficent manufacturing process that has very little waste. Onto the subject of waste , I am very pleased to share that these guys recycle everything , I honestly did not see any thing that was just thrown away. I mean they send back the yarn spools to the yarn company , the waste yarn is used in stuffing for toys and the like , the waste foam becomes carpet pading and the list goes on. This may not seem like a big deal but it is not only is this very enviromentally friendly it saves us the end user money in the long run. These guys really know what they`re doing and they are doing it well.

Now onto the adapter the unit I was given was modifed by Aaron himself and looks great can`t even tell it`s been cut. The adaper now measures 2" tip to tip. I had one of the orginal adapters give way so I will admit I was abit leary about trying it again but this one was loc tighed by Aaron himeself so I felt safe. I tested it with the six inch pads on two different cars , two different days and had no probelms at all. I ran it up to speed six which I do often and the vibration is very acceptable. I comapared it to a stock Poter Cable bolt on pad and it actually had less vibes then it. It has the same as any of my LC pads and velcro backing plate. So I am very satisfied with the adapter after the revisions. Aaron tells me the adapters are going to improve even more , he`s having them made from aluminum instead of the current brass , which is great because it will get lighter making it easier on the machine. Also I`m told they will be loc tighted at the factory so we won`t have to worry about that. Oh yeah with the new length adapter the pad sits about the same distance away from the machine as the factory pad so thats great. All in all I really like this system and with these improvement it`s even better , I`ve been using it exclusivly on my rotary and it`s been a real time saver , so I am looking forward to switching over my PC.

On a side note I got to see the difference in Edge`s Wool pads and all I can say is wow! This ain`t your grandfathers wool pad , they actually have different grades of wool making some of them safe on clear coat , I will be getting some to test soon, a review will follow.