PDA

View Full Version : ValueGard? by autoint

derek37
07-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Anyone tried any of this stuff?

http://www.autoint.com/PF%20Product%20%20flyer.pdf

ZaneO
07-26-2004, 11:32 PM
Many people use their New Car Prep, but I don`t know about the other products.

Bill D
07-26-2004, 11:44 PM
Last time I checked their online store is down still...I know some here have used their stuff but Valugard primarily caters to the dealers/pros. He he, did you see the warrantied products and how they need to be applied by trained personnel? if you look at the instructions how to do, sure looks pretty simple, in fact, all of us here do * at least* as good of a job aopplying stuf like interior dressing as their authorized personnel :lol:

imported_Intel486
07-27-2004, 01:25 AM
Don`t try to knock anything that company does. I really don`t use much of their stuff yet but their products are some of the best.

They put a lot of effort into research and actually work directly with the OEMs to figure out solutions to problems.

Their business is for professional detailers, which is why their online store isn`t top prioriety (sp?) but I hear it will be up again soon. You`ll have to call them to order.

If you have a business license, etc. then you can give them a call and get a very large sample package. I got one sitting here and it`s really nice.

Redcar GUY
07-27-2004, 02:35 AM
Ya I have many of their products, Some of them not for me, some

work great!

jimmybuffit
07-27-2004, 05:50 AM
It is a fine, professional line.

They offer an excellent training program.

Jim

Bill D
07-27-2004, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Intel486

Don`t try to knock anything that company does. I really don`t use much of their stuff yet but their products are some of the best.

They put a lot of effort into research and actually work directly with the OEMs to figure out solutions to problems.

Their business is for professional detailers, which is why their online store isn`t top prioriety (sp?) but I hear it will be up again soon. You`ll have to call them to order.

If you have a business license, etc. then you can give them a call and get a very large sample package. I got one sitting here and it`s really nice.

Not trying to knock anything, just giving my opinon about the application of their interior dressing type product and paint sealnt. I`m sure its *fantastic* stuff given it is created for OEM

Accumulator
07-27-2004, 09:42 AM
Yeah, they have good bulk/pro stuff. They`re the folks who sell "ABC" and some other things you won`t find everywhere (like plastic razorblades- safe and handy for removing window stickers). Some of their sales reps are, uhm, better than others when it comes to working with non-pros. I had a little trouble until I contacted Ron K. [a banned ex-autopian :o] who solved my problem right away and directed me to a great salesperson (named Vicky, as I recall).

I think their "by trained personnel only" spiel is sorta a disclaimer that they just use on all their products so some newbie doesn`t blame them for a user-error sort of oops. And of course it might have a little something to do with their training programs, too ;) Actually, a few Autopians have been through their training program, and I hear it isn`t bad. It`s probably a good way to learn correct rotary technique, if nothing else.

Like products from PRO, AutoInt/ValueGuard stuff doesn`t get much buzz here, but there`s sure nothing wrong with it.

Bill D
07-27-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Accumulator

I think their "by trained personnel only" spiel is sorta a disclaimer that they just use on all their products so some newbie doesn`t blame them for a user-error sort of oops.

Yeah that`s what I figure. A seasoned Autopian should have few if any issues applying (especially) the less complicated products

Accumulator
07-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Bill D- Yeah, I agree. But IMO when AutoInt says "for rotary use only", one should heed them. It seems a lot of people try to use rotary products with a PC and from what I hear their abrasives don`t lend themselves to that.

Bill D
07-27-2004, 11:14 AM
I agree, the stuff I thought any Autopian could do a good job applying is the sealant and the interior dressing. Rotary usage, most certainly, that`s where lots of skill is required

imported_Intel486
07-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Just placed a decent size order w/ them today. Great customer service. Called me back to give me a total on the order and then called me back again to tell me the shipping cost and let me know it would probably ship today!

Can`t wait for my 5 gallon bucket of their step C car soap to show up. I got a gallon awhile back and have fallen in love w/ it!

jimmybuffit
07-28-2004, 02:46 AM
I`m surprised that the `image` of Automotive International is not held in higher regard. They have a fine line of products, made for professional use.

I`ve been through their training (highly recommended), and I`ve watched them ship PALLETS of product to OEMs.

While I don`t subscribe to every product`s superiority, I do use many of them as my `go to` products. They perform the same way, everytime, and I know what result to expect!

Cleaners, Pads, Polishes, Sealants, Tools; they offer almost anything you`d want.

Jim