PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion or is Menzerna Final Polish II ok?

GTP LS1
07-26-2004, 01:52 PM
I just finished polishing my black Z28 with Menzerna Final polish II using a PC. The car looks great and I will be finishing with Pinnacle Souveran paste wax. Is is necessary to go over the car with the Pinnacle Paintwork cleansing lotion first?

The car is not my daily driver and does not have swirls.

thanks in advance!

Deanski
07-26-2004, 01:56 PM
NO! Menzerna FPII or Micro Polish is one of the finest polishes. If you did it correctly, it should be like a mirror!

Menzerna polishes are OEM, in other words, no fillers or silicones etc.

Just apply your Souveran over that! Remember to wax and remove as you go with Souveran. Do one panel, wipe it right off as you do NOT want it to haze. Let it sit for 24 hours and do one more coat of Souveran. Maintain with Crystal Mist or any good carnuba QD.

Regards,

Deanski

GTP LS1
07-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the info.

It took me quite some time to polish the car but I wanted to freshen it up and remove all the Zaino on the vehicle. It is "squeaky" clean. I am going to hit a few more spots before I put the wax on.

I could actually read the rearview mirror warning note (objects are closer than they appear), when I looked at the adjacent door panel.

GTP LS1
07-26-2004, 02:14 PM
I forgot to mention that I used Zaino`s quick detailer to help remove the Menzerna polish. I hope that does not matter.

Deanski
07-26-2004, 02:25 PM
That`s what I`ve used as a last step prior to any protectant on my SC430.

Menzerna does take some getting used to. I have the entire lineup including the polishes used for the new Ceramiclear hardened clearcoats.

Once polished out, it is as close to mirror and high gloss as you can obtain. Seeing that it contains no fillers, you now have a finish w/o swirls!

To really improve the look of Souveran, I`ve used Poorboys EX-P (pure sealant) prior to Souveran so I have both a bright look and a deep wet look. Besides, it acts as a "sacrificial" layer in protection so you`ll have the finish well protected by the EX-P.

Now`s the time once it`s done to be careful on QD work. Use the best MF towels (Autopia CBT, DF Towel, Sonus Buffing) anything with a deep nap to capture light dust/dirt so you do not get mirco-marring.

Regards,

Deanski