PDA

View Full Version : How to get new car smell back?

jw
07-25-2004, 11:36 PM
I`ve had my car for about 3 years and it sits out in the sun all day. I`ve lost my leather smell. I condition the leather about 4 times a year. Is there anything else i can try to get it back?

luke667
07-26-2004, 02:47 AM
best product i`ve ever used, which gets nothing but good comments about, from both my friends, and girls, is the Yankee Candle Car Leather Air Freshener. Not overpowering, just subtle enough to give the car that new leather kind of smell...people always ask how i keep my car smellin so new...between using an air ionizer, meguiars odour eliminator, and this air freshener i ave a new smellin car

Mr Concours
07-26-2004, 03:05 AM
You might like to try Groits fine leather scent spray,too.(no11150)

www.groitsgarage.com

ianitrix
07-26-2004, 10:02 AM
Where can these candles be purchased at. I have never seen them for cars but they do wonders inside the house.

ian

imported_Interspy24
07-26-2004, 10:04 AM
I`ve been looking for the yankee candle leather air freshener. Where can it be found? About how much is it? Thanks

Vik

ianitrix
07-26-2004, 10:16 AM
After doing some searching on the web I found a site where it will tell you the closest dealer to your location

Here is the link:

http://www.yankeecandle.com/cgi-bin/ycbvp/stores.jsp

:bounce

phoenix808
07-26-2004, 10:38 AM
If you`re in the states, stores like Bed, Bath & Beyond carry them (Target too, I believe).

off topic, i use Yankee`s "Midsummer`s Night" scent...mmm...

unclearty
07-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Here`s a little tip I found..when you get the YC Leather air freshner, hang it on one of the trunk hinges inside the trunk. This way the smell just permeates into the car instead of it smelling like you`re driving inside a leather boot. I just found it too strong if you place in the passenger compartment...in the trunk is perfect.

ALAN81
07-26-2004, 05:16 PM
I COULD ONLY AGREE WITH THE GRIOTS GARAGE IDEA. I used it on a older car and years later it still smells from leather.Yes I condition the leather monthly but it still has the smell.

david328ci
07-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Does the YC leather air freshener have a tacky new car smell like the stuff they put in cars at those drive thru car washes? I can`t stand that smell.

Also, does the scent of the Griots leather scent spray become stale like perfume or cologne?

Deanski
07-26-2004, 07:41 PM
New leather smell= Zaino Z-10.

That`s the closest to real new leather I`ve found!!:xyxthumbs

Regards,

Deanski