PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on PC

mrecktid
10-17-2004, 09:19 PM
When you`re working in your polish or product onto your car, how long would you say you normally work on the fender, or a door? And what does it mean to work the product in until it starts dusting? I was working it in one time and these blue specks started appearing (perhaps because of the blue pad I was using??) Is that the product dusting or am I dry buffing? Please help a rookie. Thanks!

-Mark

OI812
10-17-2004, 09:46 PM
Can you give some more info.

how long would you say you normally work on the fender
Is the paint in good condition or a lot of swirls?
What type of paint--Clear Coat, or single stage?

work the product in until it starts dusting
What product are you using?

these blue specks started appearing (perhaps because of the blue pad I was using??) Is that the product dusting or am I dry buffing
What brand of pad where you using?
Did you catch something with the pad that might have broken it apart?

What type of vehicle, the amount of time you would spend on a panel would be somewhat related to the surface area of the panel.

Answer some of these questions, and I`m sure some of the pro`s on site will be able to give you more info.

mrecktid
10-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Is the paint in good condition or a lot of swirls?
What type of paint--Clear Coat, or single stage?

Paint is in decent condition, it`s a Honda Accord Coupe, it`s black =\ Yeah it has a good amount of swirls though. Clear coat.

What product are you using?

Was using Meguiar`s Speed Glaze (Yeah I know it won`t do much, if anything to swirls, just trying it out. I need to get DACP) and AIO.

What brand of pad where you using?
Did you catch something with the pad that might have broken it apart?

Sonus pads, Blue for the Speed Glaze (oh yeah is speed glaze #7?) and the black one for AIO.

I don`t think I caught it on anything, it was brand new.

What type of vehicle, the amount of time you would spend on a panel would be somewhat related to the surface area of the panel.

2002 Black Accord coupe, smallish to medium size car.

karll
10-18-2004, 04:14 AM
dude, I dont think Speed Glaze is #7....its #80. If you are using #7 for swirls, you may want to look elsewhere!

BTW, #7 is pretty tricky...actually a bit of an enigma, best left for the experienced (IMO)!!

jaybs02
10-18-2004, 05:24 AM
Mark,
you`ll work on any area as long as it takes to acheive the results that you are trying to achieve with the product that you are using and the condition of that area. Maybe this link will explain better how to work the area PC technique (http://www.detailcity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=65436#post65436)

what does it mean to work the product in until it starts dusting? just what it sounds like.

And #7 is show car glaze and won`t remove you swirls