PDA

View Full Version : need help guys

BLACK86
07-25-2004, 02:40 PM
my motor is coming out of the body shop this week......i was there the day after it came out of the oven, it looked jus how i wanted it to look. i saw slight orange peel on the bonnet so i pointed it out to the sprayman, he said he noticed it and would sand it with 1500 then give it a polish wid the buffer....after he polished it the guy put sum wax on it and buffed it off wid a cotton cloth....bad move major swirl marks could be seen on my jet black paintwork...

the next day he uses 3m perfect polish on it....WOW my bonnet turned into a mirror no swirls even when looked at really close undet tube lights... so i told him to get the whole car looking like that, and told him not to wax it...

now ive been looking through autopia`s shop(because i want to maintain this shine) and theres so many products too choose from...whenever i get my mind made up some other product i see gets my attention....this is my list at the moment in order

1..Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo

2..Sonüs Paintwork Cleanser

3..Klasse ALL-IN-ONE

4.. P21S Carnauba Wax or maybe klasse sealent glaze

5..Sonüs Acrylic Glanz and some mf`s for detailing..

i was going to get the pc 7424 ultimate too but after reading the little autopia e book, perfect shine part im not too sure because the guy says klasse is best applied by hand...so all i would be using the buffer for would be the paintwork cleanser polish, and since my paint is brand new would i even need the cleanser...im going to be a daily driver and i live in the uk(snow rain all the time)..i want a shine like the one i described in the body shop and i want it too last with decent protection. is this possible?

what combination of products should i go for?

oh my car is finished with laquer 2 if thats any help

thanks