PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys on white Durango**PICS**

crazy roscoe
10-17-2004, 09:12 PM
Helped a friend detail his white Durango yesterday using Poorboy products.
This is what we used,

On body,
Washed : Super Slick & Suds
Clayed: Super Slick & Suds as lube
PP: applied with PC & white polishing pad
SSR1: applied with PC & white polishing pad
EX-P: applied with Poorboys PVA sponge
Nattys Wax: applied with Poorboys PVA sponge

Wheels,
Spray & Rinse Wheel Cleaner
PP & EX-P on rims
B & B on tires

crazy roscoe
10-17-2004, 09:15 PM
More Pics

scottlee
10-17-2004, 09:58 PM
Looks real good, but isnt that a dakota not a durango? anyway who cares great work :bigups

91LSMAN
10-17-2004, 11:14 PM
Looks real good, but isnt that a dakota not a durango? anyway who cares great work :bigups

Yes, the durango is the SUV.

Good job nonetheless. :)

crazy roscoe
10-18-2004, 12:00 AM
you guys are right its a Dakota. :drunk

edschwab1
10-18-2004, 12:41 AM
Good work.

Actually, the truck is a Dodge Ram.

Eric

AZ Ferrari Man
10-18-2004, 01:55 AM
hey, what did you use in the wheel wells?

Andrew

karll
10-18-2004, 03:56 AM
no actually its a Dodge .....kiddin`.
nice shot of the wheel well, its nice and black and the flash of the camera shows it off.

but... you see the outer edge of that tire, where there is deep grooves, my meg`s endurance (which is a thick gel) wont spread in those grooves too well. and thats why i like the aeorosols. but....any of you guys try to thin out the ENDURANCE so it will fall in all those grooves and crevices all tires have???

mgm2003
10-18-2004, 06:23 AM
Sweet! Nice job. How long did it take you? The more I use the PB line of products the more I like them.

crazy roscoe
10-18-2004, 07:05 AM
Just passed the Dodge Ram Sport on the way back from dropping the kids off at school and I should have taken the pics today, when the sun hit it the reflections were awesom. Will try and get some pics.
Andrew: I used NO Touch WET N` PROTECT on the wheel wells.

mgm 2003: it took us about 4 hours

Next job is his wife`s Red Avalanche and I doubled checked the name this time and it is an Avalanche.

AZ Ferrari Man
10-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Did you use the Wet n` Protect in the Aresol or spray bottle? Also did it have good staying power or did it drip and dicolor?

Andrew

rollman
10-18-2004, 06:03 PM
Looks great :bigups I was wondering why used PP followed by SSR 1 ? and not the other way around. I`ve used SSR1 before but not PP .

f1guy68
10-18-2004, 06:19 PM
Look Great!

Poorboy`s did a nice job (well... you did) on the Dakota!

Not to jump in on your post, but I did a Dakota today and used all Poorboy`s as well! I LOVE the Poorboy`s Line!

Wash
Clay
SSR2.5
SSR1.0
EX
Trim Restore

Sorry for the poor (no pun) picture quality! Batteries were low and I wanted to sanp of a pic quick before the camera died!

I really hope you don`t mind I shared my Dakota with your Dakota! Sorry if you do!

crazy roscoe
10-19-2004, 08:13 AM
Andrew: Never had a problem with it but I do a light coat and then if it needs it I give it another coat. The stuff works great and is real simple to use.

Rollman:Didn`t plan on using SSR1 but we noticed some swirls and wanted to give it a try. Even though swirls are`nt that noticeable on white.& It did improve the shine

f1guy68: Not a problem