PDA

View Full Version : Zaino experts, I have a question?

grt1today
07-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Did I do this correctly? The day before the zaino I did all the necessary prep(clay, Einzett MP etc.) I put the name of the polish because of my next statement. The next day I didn`t do a dawn wash, but I did do all of this in this order. Z7 wash, Klasse AIO, Z7 wash, Z1 & Z2 & Z6. Then the next day after 24 hours I did a Z7 wash, Z2x 3 with ZFX, and Z6 between every coat. So I now have a total of 4 coats. My questions are- Even though I skipped the dawn wash, was the Z7, AIO, and Z1 enough to clean off everything and make the zaino bond? It`s really hard for me to tell because I`ve been using the klasse and souveran before, so I`m used to seeing the car looking GRT. I also don`t know of the exact look of zaino, except to look for a real polished rock shine. The look seems to be of a more brighter clean look then before(I am noticing more paint flaws which I think is a characteristic of zaino`s optical qualities). I`ve also tried to gauge peoples reaction on the street, but this is also hard to tell because it`s a yellow vette so it gets looks anyways. Maybe it didn`t bond? Maybe my expectations were too high? Maybe 4 coats isn`t enough? I need to figure this out before I just strip everything and perhaps miss out on zainos GRT qualities. So what should I do? Give up maybe the look is not for me? Start over with a dawn wash just to make sure? Add more coats? I need help???

imported_BretFraz
07-24-2004, 04:45 PM
It sounds like you did everything fine. All that washing certainly removed any residual oils and fillers so no worries there.

"Maybe my expectations were too high?" Well, none of us know what you were expecting so I`d guess this statement is pretty accurate. If you judge the success or failure of a wax on the reactions of strangers on the street, you`ll prolly be disappointed. A yellow Corvette is very flashy - what did you expect people to do?

Only you can decide if the look is for you but that has nothing to do with Zaino products.

loco
07-24-2004, 04:47 PM
You didn`t really need to do the Z7 wash before you did the Z2x3 the next day, unless you`d driven the car after the Z1/Z2 and it got dirty.

Other than that, everything looks OK to me. The Zaino should bond to the AIO, especially since you washed with Z7 in between. I`ve used the two together before with no problems, as have many people on this forum.

You may just not like the clean/shiny/hard look of Zaino. But you will like the durability. Maybe you can top it with a carnauba wax (like Souveran or S100) to give you the look you want, with the great Z durability and protection underneath.

grt1today
07-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the replies. I guess why I say I was gauging peoples reactions on the street is because maybe I expected a polished harder shine to be even harder to take your eyes off of than before. When you read reviews of breathtaking shine etc, it`s hard not to get your hopes up. That`s where I might have expected too much. Should 4 coats be enough to determine the full potential, or should I try a couple more?

kempie
07-24-2004, 08:47 PM
IMO you will need more than the human eye to tell the difference between 4 or six coats of Zaino. I do three coats and really cant tell the difference between one & three.

loco
07-24-2004, 10:03 PM
I agree with kempie. Some people swear by more coats, but I don`t see much difference after you get to three or four.

Personally, I have four on mine, and that will be all until next spring. I`ll keep it topped with carnauba for looks and to nurse it through the winter.

I actually like the Zaino "look" - very reflective and different. I always have the shiniest car in the parking lot at work. But the carnauba on top just gives it that extra gloss and depth that makes it look extra-special. :) And I always know that I have the protection of Zaino underneath in case I can`t get a coat of wax on for an extended period.