PDA

View Full Version : Trouble applying Meguiar`s #16 Paste wax

rgilbert24
07-23-2004, 12:02 AM
Recently I started a thread about how best to apply #16 as a topper for Zaino. Got some great tips and I am very pleased with the shine and the added depth. A couple of observations though.

1. This wax sets up very fast and is definitly hard to remove if you wait until it drys or in my case until it is almost dry - and that ddoes not take long - just a few minutes. It also produces a lot of powder when removing it that is a bit of a pain.

2. I found it also difficult to apply a light coat. My paint is in great shape (very shiny and smooth), but still the terry towel pad with the wax on it just skims over the surface and does not leave much product on the paint. So I have to keep applying a thicker layer of wax to the applicator so that it smears evenly on the surface and I end up with what I think is too much wax hence the problems in point 1 above.

Should I be applying a quick dealer to the applicator to help apply the wax evenly? Should I be using a quick detailer to help remove the wax residue? Any Zaino users have the same problem?

Scottwax
07-23-2004, 12:07 AM
Use a foam pad and apply to a fender or half a hood at a time, then wipe off.