PDA

View Full Version : New pc...please help me

smokeum
07-22-2004, 10:38 PM
I just purchase the pc from lowe`s.Im trying to find a place that sells the backing plate with the counter weight.I cant even find a place that sells a counter weight.Also,What size backing plate and pads should i go with?ive done alot of searching but its just left me more confused.Please help me.

longarm
07-23-2004, 02:04 AM
Hey, I just bought mine from Lwes as well. It`s the model 7336. I had the same question too. I havn`t used mine yet, as I have been researching like you. I`ve also been buying all my supplies to get ready. Now I`m ready to buy the buffing pads and bonnets. From my understanding, if you use the stock counterweight and the Sonus pads, you should be golden. I opted away from the LC pads as there was an issue of them comming apart or something like that. It was in a write up I read. Heres a link for you. I`m buying two of each for now. They look to be of great quality. Good luck.

http://autopia-carcare.com/sondas.html

imported_typeSR2
07-23-2004, 03:39 AM
you don`t need to buy another counterweight, it already comes with the 6" counterweight. As for backing plates and pads, you have several options, properautocare.com has some good packages and they lowered their prices, premiumautocare.com has excellent service, autogeek.com, and if you just need the pads www.smartshoppersinc.com/buffing-pads/foam-pads.html has them at good prices although I have never ordered from them.

Demon Detailer
07-23-2004, 12:15 PM
Smokem, where are you located? There are several detailer supply people that carry the backing plates and 6" foam polishing pads. Tell us where you are located and I might know of a place near you.