PDA

View Full Version : First Time Poster

MidwestMax1
07-21-2004, 01:19 PM
Hi, this is my first post here.

Looks like this is a good place to come for detailing questions. I am a member at Maxima.org and I was referred here. I`ve just became interested in detailing, and this looks like a good place to ask a question.

I just bought some Meguiar`s #7 Hand Glaze and some #26 High Tech Yellow Wax. I`ve heard great things about the Hand Glaze. I applied a little bit to my hood and buffed it. I only waited about 30 seconds to buff the glaze. It doesn`t really look that much better than where I haven`t applied the glaze.

My question is, should I wait for a while to buff the glaze after I apply it? Are there any techniques I should be aware of? Any input is appreciated.

thinksnow
07-21-2004, 01:29 PM
Welcome, Max. The #7 is a very old formula that still works great. There are several schools of thought on application and removal. I, for one, apply to the entire car before removing (probably 15 minutes). #7 is heavy with oils, so I first take off much of the haze with a 100% cotton towel. I remove much of the streaking after that with a microfiber towel.

Don`t worry about removing all of the streaking. Apply your wax (in this case, the #26). When you remove the excess wax, the streaks will disappear.

#7 will be most noticeable on a darker vehicle, providing increased wetness and depth. Thus, if you are in a creme, white, yellow, or silver Max, you may not appreciate it as much as someone in a black, blue, or red vehicle.

Give it another shot and top with the wax:up

MidwestMax1
07-21-2004, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the reply.

My car is beige. That`s probably why it`s not showing up as well as I thought it would. I`ll go give it another shot.