PDA

View Full Version : 99 Lexus GS400 Mystic Gold Metallic after Zaino

Threxx
07-21-2004, 09:34 AM
Hey guys... this is my first post. I`ve been pretty heavily into detailing for the last 6-7 years and have always been a big Zaino advocate. But I figured it`s time for me to learn more than I`ve been learning from some other non-detailing oriented message boards.

Anyhow... here`s some pics of my car from a couple months back.

http://www.threxx.com/car/car.htm

That`s after Zaino Z2 w/ ZFX on the paint, wheels (they are painted/clear coated), and interior wood trim, plexus on the exterior lighting and clean interior plastics, 303 on the tires, a very small amount of 303 cleaner and then 303 protectant on the interior except on the dash (I don`t like shiny dashes), and leatherique on the leather, although you can`t really see the results of that.

Pretty basic detailing job.

My next project is to try this new diamondite product, as well as to learn of some more products worth trying from these forums, although it may be hard to steer me from my Zaino. Zaino may not shine quite as well as a couple other top-end products, but it sure does outlast them in my experience. And durability/protection is more important than looks to me.

ZaneO
07-21-2004, 12:43 PM
Zaino looks great on that color. Vanilla Moose/EX-P is a combo that you might like to try, along with the Wolfgang twins (really make metallics "pop"). You are right that not many thing will give you the durability of Zaino.

Great work and happy learning.

hirosh
07-21-2004, 02:36 PM
welcome to autopia! :welcome

nice looking car! very nice job, inside & out, even the engine looks great! any other modifications besides the strut tower brace?

but yeah, i`ve read here Zaino is really good on durability, plus it is suppose to have a really clear shine. i think the Klasse Twins might be close to Zaino in durability. as far as shine, well, it`s in the eye of the beholder. i guess it depends on how much layers you add to either one.

but have fun, this place is great to see the results of different products and combos!

Threxx
07-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by hirosh

welcome to autopia! :welcome

nice looking car! very nice job, inside & out, even the engine looks great! any other modifications besides the strut tower brace?

but yeah, i`ve read here Zaino is really good on durability, plus it is suppose to have a really clear shine. i think the Klasse Twins might be close to Zaino in durability. as far as shine, well, it`s in the eye of the beholder. i guess it depends on how much layers you add to either one.

but have fun, this place is great to see the results of different products and combos!

Thanks for the welcome.:)

It has the full Tom`s racing package: front and rear strut tower braces as well as front and rear lower chassis braces (basically the same thing as subframe connectors except they bolt on to pre-engineered mounting points instead of weld-on), a 6-piece rear suspension bracing kit. Then Daizen adjustable front and rear sway bars. And finally goodridge stainless steel brake lines to improve pedal feel and response, which was too `mushy` for me stock.

Basically now I`ve got the reliability of any Toyota product with the handling of a BMW M-series, and it made very little if any difference in the way it rides. As an added bonus if you see it driving down the street there`s nothing you`ll hear or see from the outside... so it`s a good sleeper from a handling standpoint.:)

sw20_og
07-21-2004, 05:35 PM
Great job!!!!

How come you have GS300 rims on your car? Winter wheels?

hirosh
07-21-2004, 05:41 PM
wow, nice set up. and i agree, that is a sleeper :xyxthumbs much more so than BMW`s M-cars which are pretty distinguishable.

tkr128
07-21-2004, 05:56 PM
Very nice! :up

I agree with you on the Zaino remark, although my car lacks depth and wetness, the durability is there. Protection is a higher priority to me as I can sometimes go over a month before being able to wash my car.

I can`t wait to see the new 4Runner!

Threxx
07-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by tkr128

I can`t wait to see the new 4Runner!

How did you know I have a new 4Runner on the way? T4R.org? Or were you talking about your 4runner?

tkr128
07-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Threxx

How did you know I have a new 4Runner on the way? T4R.org? Or were you talking about your 4runner?

T4R.org. I guess I must`ve gotten the two forums confused cause I was just reading your post on choosing your Lexus over there.

genearch
07-22-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by sw20_og

Great job!!!!

How come you have GS300 rims on your car? Winter wheels?

It`s all about option packages. Depending on the package ordered, you get 16"s or 17"s