PDA

View Full Version : improper use of pictures....

Pages : [1] 2

a.k.a. Patrick
07-20-2004, 09:04 PM
Has anyone ever gone to upload a pic of work you have done, and got an error msg, and link, stating your pic has already been uploaded in another thread , obviously not uploaded by yourself ?

jfelbab
07-20-2004, 09:24 PM
Perhaps a duplicate file name?

a.k.a. Patrick
07-20-2004, 09:35 PM
I wouldnt believe that Jfel, I mean the secondary user would notice if the pic actually uploaded improperly wouldnt you think? My concern is this, i went to reply to a post about a certain product someone was using on a car. Well i did the exact car, (Different color) with different products and wanted to show my results. When i went to upload, i get this error msg stating the pic has already been used, avoid duplicate posting, thread located at (then i get a link). So, the work i did, I cant even take credit for, but someone else has.....

So i went to upload a different shot of the same job/car, and the same thing happened!! A different person used a pic of the same car, but from a different angle, and in a different thread!!

jfelbab
07-20-2004, 10:40 PM
Didn`t Dave mention that there was a problem with the image database recently? I seem to recall him stating that an error was resulting in the wrong pictures being associated with the wrong owners and threads.

Your best bet would probably be to PM David.

andriver
07-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Patrick, I tried to PM you but got a message that your box was full. I believe you are talking about a thread I posted a time back. Here is the link http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=30622 . The original pics I posted were of my Grand Cherokee. If you read the text I mention my Jeep.

I am not in the habit of posting someone elses work. I am not a professional detailer. All those cars are foreign to me. How they got cross posted, I have no idea. It was not intentional.

ZaneO
07-20-2004, 10:47 PM
I think there is still a glitch in the software. I notice that in many older posts that every picture is wrong. I don`t think anyone is using your pictures.

Toyo98
07-20-2004, 11:00 PM
I think so too. Seems David`s still having fun:nixweiss

a.k.a. Patrick
07-21-2004, 12:06 AM
I didnt think there was any evil doing, but im still bummed i cant upload my own pics ! Andriver, can you delete that reply so i can have access again to my pic ?

Scottwax
07-21-2004, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

I didnt think there was any evil doing, but im still bummed i cant upload my own pics ! Andriver, can you delete that reply so i can have access again to my pic ?

You can just rename the file and upload it without fear (hopefully) of duplication.

hondaguy2582
07-21-2004, 02:15 AM

Dude, I had the same problem when posting a picture of mine. I have no clue whats going on.

imported_pugoman
07-21-2004, 02:23 AM

Has anyone ever gone to upload a pic of work you have done, and got an error msg, and link, stating your pic has already been uploaded in another thread , obviously not uploaded by yourself ?

This has happened to me too - the pic you try to upload ends-up in someone elses thread! Very strange... I just do a `save as...` a different file name, then upload it again and it works fine.

andriver
07-21-2004, 08:10 AM

Patrick, I deleted all attachments. You should be able to use your pics.

TortoiseAWD
07-21-2004, 08:27 AM
There`s a bug in the forum software regarding image attachments. If you post your pics to the Autopia gallery, you can use the IMG tag to display your pics rather than attaching the pic to your post. This also has the added advantage of allowing you to post multiple pics in one post (multiple IMG tags work fine, but you can only attach one pic per post).

So, long story short, to avoid the problem, don`t post your pics as attachments. Host them in the gallery, then use the IMG tag instead.

Tort

(moderator)

a.k.a. Patrick
07-21-2004, 09:23 AM
I knew i would find an answer, thanks everyone.........!

jlfrogy
07-21-2004, 11:57 AM
Yes, it has happened to me several times and David to the best of my recolection told me that it only was happening to me and that someone had pirated my pic. I saw my pic in someone elses post. Oh well not my problem I guess.