PDA

View Full Version : Another new Canadian!

SaabScott
07-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Hello all!

I didn`t realize there was a forum for introductions.:o

For those of you who have not seen me around, you can check out this thread:

My first detailing experience (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39465)

I come to you from Saab Central (http://saabcentral.com) .

There are quite a few threads there that reference this site!:D

I`m hoping to be able to apply a little of what I learn here to my car this summer.

Looking forward to seeing you around!:up

hondaguy2582
07-21-2004, 01:04 AM
Welcome to autopia my brother. Welcome to the addiction!!!!!

bboy850
07-21-2004, 01:05 AM
Welcome fellow Canadian Autopian! :bounce

3Wheeler
07-21-2004, 01:38 AM
:welcome to Autopia, Scott!

I had a look at your "My first detail" post -- your car sure looks happy that you found your way here.;)

One problem with splitting the detail up over different days is that each time you re-start, you have to wash the car again -- efficient it ain`t. Also, I don`t think you`d want to strip a car of protection and then wait any significant interval until you protect it again. There might even be bonding issues which arise, the longer the interval between steps (my knowledge limitation has now been reached -- I`m pretty new around here myself :)). IMHO, you really need to be able to set aside good long blocks of time to detail -- but again, I`m new, so maybe I`m wrong.

Sounds like your schedule`s brutal....or that you haven`t sufficiently impressed upon your family that though your new obsession is very time consuming from time to time, it`s therapeutic for you and makes you happy. I`d say wives should be happy with a husband who`s afflicted by detailing mania -- there are a whole hell of a lot of worse things he could be doing. :eek: Plus, if she`s got a car, it`ll be very very shiny just as soon as you have the time....... ;)

Of course I have no idea what your circumstances are....so please, no offense--only humour-- intended.

One idea I saw posted the other day might help: wash the car the night before, then in the morning you can start right in on the meat of the matter.

paco
07-21-2004, 03:32 AM
Welcome

SaabScott
07-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by 3Wheeler

:welcome to Autopia, Scott!

One idea I saw posted the other day might help: wash the car the night before, then in the morning you can start right in on the meat of the matter.

I like that idea and have considered doing that myself.

Have no fear, your post was taken as it was intended!:up

Don`t worry ... when I finally get to working on the car, the part I start with will also be finished, I won`t leave it incomplete.

As for detailing my wife`s car ... I won`t even consider that until she starts to take care of her interior!:nono

Thanks for the welcome all ... I`ll post more pics as I move along.

Scott

eShine
07-22-2004, 11:44 AM
Welcome fellow Canuk!

Yardik
07-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Hi All,

I`m also a new Canadian. I`ve been lurking for several weeks now, and just got around to registering. My 7 day old Mazda3 GT was in a serious accident, so I`ve been without a car to detail for about a month now. I`ve been tempted to buff my rental car a couple of times and had to resist the urge. Happily I`ll have my new 3 GT on Friday(black mica metalic), and I`ll once again have something to do on Saturday afternoons.

Regards,

lino
08-20-2004, 09:12 PM
:welcome SaabScott

This place is flooded with Canadians :ca. It`s going to be nice here to get the Canadian perspective on some of the products we use, because of the different environmental conditions we are subjected to, that some of the other members don`t see.