PDA

View Full Version : need advice on waxing

substance12
07-20-2004, 10:49 AM
I`ve searched a few pages of "NXT" alone and I still haven`t came up with the info I`m looking for.

Basically, in the past 1.5 years I`ve been using Zaino on my silver 2003 TL-S. Recently I used Meg`s spray wax due to laziness. I haven`t checked autopia or acura-tl.com in a long time and only just discovered this craze about NXT. Well I want to give it a try and see how I like it.

1) do I need to do any prepping to account for the Zaino?

2) If I recall correctly, NXT has a cleaning agent built in, so waxing before using NXT is "sometimes" useless. I know I can use the swirl remover before applying NXT, but what else can be used? Paint cleaner? How do you know what you need to use?

3) There seems to be a debate on the lasting power of NXT. Peace. I`m not looking for that answer, but I would like to know what wax I can add on top of NXT to make it last longer. Also, NXT gives a certain finish to it when applied... what happens when I put another wax on top of it? The new finish overrides the NXT, yes?

4) can someone explain when a sealant should be used?

5) I`ve heard NXT is more of a polish than a wax. Can someone confirm? If this is true, do I need to apply a wax on top of NXT?