PDA

View Full Version : new to zaino

imported_YseanY
07-20-2004, 01:38 AM
i just ordered some zaino products for my carbon black m3... i ordered the zfx, z-2, z-5, z-6. i plan on following the instructions on zainobros.com, but i was wondering if there are any tricks/advice i should heed to first? also, i have have some swirl marks from previous washes and was wondering if i should use anything else besides zaino to minimize the swirl marks? thanks

imported_memnuts
07-20-2004, 06:21 AM
YES!!!

Polish and eliminate swirls in the same manner you would for any protectant. Especially black or dark colored vehicles. Sal instructions emphasizes "prep" for maximal appearance. Durability will not be affected by not eliminating surface marring but I am sure appearance is important to you also. The true condition of your paint will not be realized until you strip off whatever protectant you have on the M3 now ( It sounds like you will be doing a Dawn wash(website instructions)). Sometimes this can be a rude awakening. :shocked

If swirls or surface marring / oxidation is minimal I like Menzerna IP (PC) and AIO(by hand but PC is better) combo on black.

If really slight surface marring sometimes AIO does the trick. AIO is a great base for Zaino IMO.

Matt M, PA
07-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Sal Zaino recommended to me, 3M Perfect-It Swirl Mark Remover for Dark Paint. Worked very well, and as I understand it, contains no wax or silicones so you should have no issues with the Zaino adhering.

dternst
07-20-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Matt M, PA

Sal Zaino recommended to me, 3M Perfect-It Swirl Mark Remover for Dark Paint. Worked very well, and as I understand it, contains no wax or silicones so you should have no issues with the Zaino adhering.

To be on the safe side, I`d go ahead and wash the car after polishing using Z7. Since Zaino is 99.9% optically clear, to obtain optimum results, it prefers to be applied to a surface free of oils, fillers, or waxes.