PDA

View Full Version : Just Starting

pitpug
07-19-2004, 05:57 PM
I just got a new 3 and want to take care of it. I`ve been reading all the stuff on this wesite for a few days now. Bottom line what is needed to get started - I mean what is the best stuff to use, shampoos, polishers, waxes, detailers, AAAHHHH! Is there a place that rates everything.

Tacoma
07-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Welcome! :)

Try here:

http://www.autopia.org/review/index.php

3Wheeler
07-21-2004, 12:54 AM
:welcome to Autopia, Pitbug. Also, :welcome to the Titanium Mz3 sedan owners` club (I have one too). :bigups :D :cool:

To get a great, fast, economical start, I bought some clay (from a detailer I know), a bottle of SEPC, and a jar of s100. You may have already read here that SEPC and s100 are highly regarded, and are in fact the P21s polish and wax repackaged and marketed to the two wheel crowd for half the price. A lot of motorcycle shops carrry them, apparently particularly Harley dealerships, though that wasn`t my experience.

The paint looks glorious with this combo, it`s dead easy to use (I put it on by hand), it will always be useful in the future (s100 is a favourite "topper" for other products), and you haven`t broken the bank -- meaning you should be able to get different products to play with as soon as you`ve read enough to decide what you like the sounds of.

It`s a beauty combo, though, with lower durability than many other products -- people`s experiences differ, but generally s100 lasts about a month, while some other products quite easily last six months.

I`ve been reading like mad, and my next shine will be polish with either Menzerna FPII or VM, then AIOx2, and finishe with SG x at least 4. And then maybe top with s100. ;)

Hope you enjoy both your car and taking care of it as much as I do. WooHoo!! :spot