PDA

View Full Version : Great Lakes Area / Canadian Poorboy Detailing Day

Pages : [1] 2

imported_elortt
07-18-2004, 09:20 PM
With the NY Poorboys Detailing Day such a success, Steve (Poorboy) is considering making the haul to the MotorCity for our own Detailing Day!!!! I think the easiest way to get a rough tally on those interested would just be to respond to the poll accordingly. There is no set time or date but I would imagine mid-late September. Also if anyone has / knows of a good location, please post it in this thread or email or pm me

Thanks

Eric

NY Detailing day thread (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=388234#post388234)

hondaguy2582
07-18-2004, 11:08 PM
Id vote for a macomb county spot to detail or even oakland county.

longarm
07-19-2004, 12:10 AM
I`m in the Flint Area, but I`m in Oakland County every day for work. It would depend where in Macomb if the event were to be held. I think Oakland County is a great middle ground. I`ll brainstorm about locations. Would everybody be using bottled water and QEW? That would make it soooooo much easier. I have a power outlet in the back of my Sporttrac, actually four of them in my ST. Would be convientant for the PC`s. It would depend on how many people are comming, but if theres not to many, I`d just say come on over. Bring your QEW though, I have well water. I`ve got a decent size driveway and a 1392 Sq. ft. garage.

PhilStatic
07-19-2004, 12:51 AM
I`d drive up to check it out if it were on the weekend.

hondaguy2582
07-19-2004, 05:47 PM
6 votes for no? Wtf?????? Who in their right minds would vote for no?

imported_elortt
07-19-2004, 08:01 PM
I would surely hope that only people in the great lakes area would respond / vote . It would be unreasonable for someone in california vote...........

LightngSVT
07-19-2004, 09:26 PM
I voted maybe, depending on location. Id love to participate but iM IN aNN aRBOR (WASHTENAW cOUNTY) so Im not sure about driving 1-2 hours to participate.

hondaguy2582
07-19-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by LightngSVT

I voted maybe, depending on location. Id love to participate but iM IN aNN aRBOR (WASHTENAW cOUNTY) so Im not sure about driving 1-2 hours to participate.

Thats why I suggested oakland county. Its the middle of the ground for most folks.

Fleet
07-20-2004, 06:49 AM
I`d like to attend, as long as it doesn`t interfere with football season. I can only obsess on one thing on a weekend.

:cool:

PFDarkside
07-20-2004, 07:35 AM
Well, unfortunately September in Michigan means U-M/MSU on Saturday and the Lions on Sunday. I`d try to work it in though, I`d really love to see some experienced people working, to pick up some techniques and I`d love to see the PB products in action.

scottabir
07-20-2004, 07:38 PM
ill drive the 2 hrs from Grand Rapids to be there.

hondaguy2582
07-21-2004, 01:08 AM
I just think it would be great to get to know how to use the poorboy`s products for ppl who haven`t had a chance to use them. It also be cool bc it be another gathering for us michiganders since the last stoney creek meeting.

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
07-21-2004, 09:13 AM
For Canadians it might be better to have it in the Toronto area or the Vancouver area since I see more people from those 2 areas than anywhere else in Canada.

In case you don`t know - Mississauga and Brampton are right beside Toronto. And the Niagara region (i.e. home of eShine) is about an hour from Toronto. Also, that car-ferry might be running from Amherst now too (it is supposed to run from Amherst to Toronto).

Scott P
07-21-2004, 09:28 AM
I`d be willing to show up to Toronto. It`s just a little Ferry ride from here.

fiberrich
07-21-2004, 10:51 PM
I`m in the downriver area of Detroit. I`d be up for attending. I know there are two other Autopian`s I see posting from Warren, MI and Belleview, MI that I haven`t seen reply yet.

Yea, and I don`t get all the "No Thanks" votes. If they`re from outside the area . . . . Don`t vote!