PDA

View Full Version : I`M NEW!!! Here`s my game plan :)

audiguy69
07-18-2004, 01:50 PM
Ok, I am NEW here, so take it easy on me :D

I am getting a new/used car and its color is black.

From everything I have been reading on here and other places, I have come to the following game plan.

Wash tires and wheels - Sonus Rim Bright

Wash wheel wells - Citrus cleaner

Remove Insects, etc. - 1Z Insect + Tar Pre-Cleaner

Wash Car - Sonus Gloss Shampoo

Dry Car and Wheels - Use quality cloths

Polish Car - WHAT KIND?

Sealant (Car and Wheels) - Klasse All-In-One

Glaze(Car and Wheels) - Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze

Wax Car - P21S

Wax Car - MEG`S #16 (second coat)

Detailer - Sonus Carbauna Spritz

Any opinions on this? Anything I missed?

How long should I wait between the Klasse AIO and Klasse HGSG coats and then the P21S and the MEG`S #16

You guys are awesome I love this site, thanks for all of your help ahead of time.

:xyxthumbs

Volvolove
07-18-2004, 05:24 PM
As far as polishes go: (assuming your working all by hand?) i would order some 1Z Polishes. Its great stuff. Its both easy to work with, and easy to achieve desireable results. Depending on the condition of your car, you may just want to start with 1Z Paint Polish. Their Metallic Polish is optional for the most part, sometimes i find it helps, sometimes, i don`t see a difference.

In my experience ( what little i have) i have found 1Z`s Ultra Polish to rejuvinate the paint by removing oxidation and deepcleaning it -- at least by hand. So by hand, i find it to be less of a swirl mark remover, and more of a hardcore paint cleaner.

Be careful though, as following 1Z stuff with AIO will remove the waxes left behind by the polishes. To be safe, use a water/alcohol spritz to remove any oils/waxes before using AIO

Its your car, but i would pick one of those carnauba waxes and try it first ... experiment a lot. Try a section with AIO/SG/P21s and another with AIO/SG/#16

Layering carnauba`s is a rough subject with many supporters and many nay-sayers ... just preference. I think to start, you will be mroe than happy with the Klasse Twins and one of those carnauba toppers

You may also choose to switch out your quality drying cloths (terry i`m assuming?) with Microfiber. You can NEVER have enough, and there are many many threads discussing the superiority of Waffle Weave Drying MF towels to other drying towels.

Good Luck! :up

alex

mnbv
07-18-2004, 07:19 PM
So far I know of poorboy`s SSR line, DACP, #9, sfp, and 1z`s stuff. I think I will go with poorboys`s polishes. This is what I plan on doing. wash, clay, wash, polish w/ SSR2.5, again with SSR1, VM (fill in and remove whatever I missed, also makes for a good surface to seal/wax), EX-P 2x (love the wet look), S100 1x(maybe, might darken my red too much). insted of AIO I will be useing another polishing step and VM. My process will take a long time, AIO and SG will be harder to apply by hand. I am consitering wolfgang and Klasse, but what I have so far seems to be what I am looking for. For a citrus cleaner I will be getting P21s`s total auto wash. And Quick shine for a QD.

It looks like you have a killer setup yourself!