PDA

View Full Version : Will claying my car remove 3 week old Klasse SG?? And will....

imported_DetailGirl
07-17-2004, 09:29 PM
Hi all!

About three weeks ago I clayed my car then buffed out my car with DACP, then used Klasse AIO and then Klasse SG. Its three weeks later and after some really crappy weather the car feels like it needs a clay again. When I do this will that claying remove the AIO and the SG? I really dont want to have to re-apply.

If I dont clay it and leave the surface as is and add a layer of Klasse SG will it not be as effective?

Lastly, sorry long post, will Zaino adhere to the Klasse SG? If not how do I get all the old stuff off to go with Zaino??

Thanks guys!

andriver
07-17-2004, 09:46 PM
Claying will not remove SG. Are you sure that you need to clay again? Did you wash and notice the surface was rough. If so, go ahead and clay.

I do not believe that Zaino will adhere to SG. You will need to remove SG with dawn wash as is recommended by Sal @ Zaino.

imported_DetailGirl
07-18-2004, 12:12 AM
I highly doubt that Dawn will remove SG.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-18-2004, 01:50 AM
I would have to disagree and say the clay will damage the protective qualities of SG......Im curious as to WHY you would want to go with Z when you have a great product on there ??

imported_DetailGirl
07-18-2004, 10:10 AM
Anyone else I am looking for more opinions asI want to get going detailing today soon.

Thanks

bjwebster
07-18-2004, 10:13 AM
I wouldnt trust that the SG will be fully intact after claying. As the clay cleans the surface, I think it will clean away some SG.

Nickshades
07-18-2004, 11:53 AM
I`d have to agree that the claying does take away the protective qualities of SG, but maybe an alky/water solution could finalize the process before reapplying whichever product you choose.

Nick

DantePasquale
07-18-2004, 12:16 PM
I would think claying will remove everything down to the clearcoat.

Accumulator
07-18-2004, 01:21 PM
This gets discussed a lot.

It all depends on how gently you clay. I spot clay with almost every wash, especially in the areas like the rocker panels and behind the wheels. A "beater" like our MPV gets clayed a *lot*, yet after almost eleven months (!) its SG is just fine. It`s a *little* thin in the areas I mentioned, but it`s not so far gone as to have switched from beading to sheeting yet. And I just clayed a *lot* of bugs off both the Audis after summer roadtrips, no need to reapply the LSP on either of those, either.

I`m truly :confused: about why people think clay removes LSP and can only assume that some people must really *srub* when they clay.

With my vehicles getting clayed as often as they do for many years, if it removed an appreciable amount of LSP I`d have noticed it by now; you just gotta be gentle and use plenty of (whatever you use for) lube. I sorta shudder when I think about people claying so "aggressively" that they remove their LSP....

No, Dawn won`t remove SG, it barely removes good wax. Use rubbing alcohol or something made for the job like PrepSol.