PDA

View Full Version : Removing Meguires polish

Turbo1002
07-17-2004, 05:47 PM
I recently used meguires polish and now it left behing lots of white residue all over the car which are hard to remove is there an easy way of doing this and what did I do wrong?????

SpoiledMan
07-17-2004, 07:55 PM
Which polish are we talking about here?

Turbo1002
07-17-2004, 08:00 PM
It is the one Autozone sells it has three steps. Cleaner (step 1 if needed), then polish (2) then wax.

travisdecpn
07-17-2004, 08:29 PM
Try using some of Meg`s Quick Detailer or Final Inspection. BOth of these should remove any excess product. If that fails, try going over the are with more polish and buff until it is almost completely dry.

audipower
07-18-2004, 01:43 AM
Do you have a buffer, or PC? If so just put a clean mf, terry or wool bonnet on and go over it. I`ve used that stuff many of times and I only would get alot of white dust from buffing it off. It sounds like you left it on to long or it was wet when you removed it. What did you use to remove it? Did you apply the polish in sections and removed it. Meaning, Applied it to the hood and both front fenders. Let dry then remove.

I really like that stuff. It`s not to heavy and it does a great job. I use to get that when I would use Emerald`s Gold wax about 10 years ago, because I would do the whole car.

audiguy69
07-18-2004, 01:09 PM
I used to use the same 1-2-3 MEG`S system on my car and and would use their quick detailer right after I was done to get rid of the residue, looked great afterwords.

Good Luck;)