PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to "chamois" your ride; curious on what works best.

imported_SilverStallion
07-17-2004, 01:10 PM
Just getting the Stang ready for Autofest at RMC tomorrow and noticed that it is time to upgrade. My old chamois (synthetic) is toast and I tried to get the same thing and they no longer make them. I considered The Absorber at CTC but I had one it is almost seemed too sticky. Now I am wondering if I should have let it break in more.

Please fill me in what you guys use successfully to chamois the car down and not have watermarks left behind.

Thanks

~Darren

ZaneO
07-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Waffle Weave microfiber drying towels. Follow with a plush mf towel and a qd.

Do some searching.

imported_SilverStallion
07-17-2004, 01:32 PM
Ok...regarding the ww towels - do they get soaked like a terry cloth towel and then leave water spots behind? I am just trying to determine how this product would function.

Thanks...I searched for the waffkle weave towels, but did not see any posts with that type of content.

~Darren

NavindraLR
07-17-2004, 01:36 PM
no they do not leave water spots behind, as long as u wring them out once u feel its not absorbing water like it was before... believe me, i used to use the absorber, and then a natural chamois, and the ultimate drying towel from autopia, beats both chamois by far.

imported_SilverStallion
07-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Waffle weave towel it is then - I guess I had better contact Chris at eshine.ca.

Thanks guys!

~Darren