PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about Smartwax

Alfisti
07-17-2004, 11:37 AM
I came across this Smartwax product and found their website:

www.smartwax.com (http://www.smartwax.com)

Does anyone know anything about it? Any good? :nixweiss

imported_edschwab1
07-17-2004, 05:23 PM
Smartwax has been discussed before.

Eric

Alfisti
07-18-2004, 01:26 AM
I`ve only found a single post about background but nothing about whether its any good....so....is it?

a.k.a. Patrick
08-24-2005, 09:39 PM
I met with a SW distributor (Actually a client of mine) today and will be testing the SmartWax, SmartLeather Cleaner and conditioner (which smells awesome by the way), Smart Dressing, SmartCarWash, and SmartDetail/Lube, which by the way is concentrated and converts to 32oz.

All of the above products were given to me to test, and I am in no way affiliated with SW.

First off the packaging is very attractive !

I remember dealing with them about 18 months ago, but for some reason never persued my interest, and cant remember why.

From what the Distributor tells me, the Wash is extremely lubricative.

The SmartLeather feels very luxurious, but when applied to the Pass seat of my Expy (I just had to try it) it dissapeared into the leather. No residue whatsoever.

More details forthecoming.....

papi_jay
08-24-2005, 10:17 PM
It`s a subsidiary or made by Chemical Guys for SmartWax correct a.k.a. ?

PaulTso
08-24-2005, 10:39 PM
why are the pictures of MF the same as the ones from chemicalguys website? And what make there MF smart? Somebody please review the sealant. I want to know if its actually worth 38 dollars for 16oz

mbjkiller
08-24-2005, 10:50 PM
I was at a swap meet one weekend and there was a Smartwax rep there giving demos, he had a can of spray paint and sprayed his Miata, waited for it to dry, then wiped if right off with a little bit of that Smartwax and it came right off through one wipe. So I guess its worth 38, he was selling 2 bottles for $20.

DJ Trackie
08-25-2005, 01:10 AM
I was at a swap meet one weekend and there was a Smartwax rep there giving demos, he had a can of spray paint and sprayed his Miata, waited for it to dry, then wiped if right off with a little bit of that Smartwax and it came right off through one wipe. So I guess its worth 38, he was selling 2 bottles for $20.

i suspect that that will work with other brands of waxes too

TortoiseAWD
08-25-2005, 06:58 AM
i suspect that that will work with other brands of waxes too. . . or anything that contains a mild solvent. Uncured paint on a sealed surface isn`t too difficult to remove (surprise, surprise).

Tort

imported_seikoguy
08-25-2005, 08:06 AM
It was sometime last year when I saw the "SmartWax" product being sold on the Chemicalguys web site. Subsequently, the product was spun off on its own web site, along with a whole new line of "Smart" products. I`ve always wanted to try some of the products (just for the sake of trying) but never ever got around to it. Sometime last month, I noticed a seller on eBay selling some of the products at very attractive prices so I decided to take advantage of that. I bought bottles of "SmartWax" for $9.99 each, "SmartLeather" for $4.99 each, "SmartDressing" for $1.99 each, and their "RimWax" for $6.49 each. If you compared these prices with the prices on the SmartWax web site, you`ll notice a HUGE difference. The only products I`ve used in a car so far are the "SmartLeather" and the "SmartDressing."

As stated by Patrick above, the "SmartLeather" has a luxurious scent and I find the scent to be very similar to host of other fine leather dressings. It goes on smoothly and dries cleanly with no residue. The "SmartDressing" has a coconut scent, and has a consistency like suntan cream. It goes on very easily and dries very quickly to a matte finish, similar to "303 Protectant" - no greasy, oily residue whatsoever. At the price I paid ($1.99), it`s a terrific buy, and I`m glad I got several bottles. I have not used the "SmartWax" on an automobile finish as of yet, but I did try it on several painted surfaces around the home and found that it has some mild cleaners in it, and left behind a very slick, non-greasy finish.

a.k.a. Patrick
08-25-2005, 09:33 AM
It`s a subsidiary or made by Chemical Guys for SmartWax correct a.k.a. ?

Papi, I have no previous experience with CG or SW products. I wouldnt be able to make that comparison.