PDA

View Full Version : Detailing the engine bay help?

golfdude
07-16-2004, 09:32 PM
Hello, I am new to detailing. I haven`t even bought any true car care products yet for my car, but this site and all of the members` superior knowledge of car caring has become my new favorite website! Well, I have a Chrysler Crossfire, and I want to detail the engine bay. I want to powerspray the engine bay, but I don`t know what to cover. I know, there are numerous posts on this topic, but I really can`t identify what, specifically to my car, I should cover! If anyone has pics of a Crossfire engine bay, can anyone point out, by using photoshop and circles, what I should cover? Thanks alot, and I hope to get cleaning the engine bay as soon as I get some pointers for cleaning my car:)

hondaguy2582
07-16-2004, 09:57 PM
Just cover the distributor, and you should be all set.

golfdude
07-16-2004, 10:01 PM
Sorry to ask, but where is the distributer? Also, I see so many people saying that they cover many more parts. Why do I cover just one part of the engine?

Thanks

travisdecpn
07-16-2004, 10:10 PM
main electrical connections should be covered, but i doubt you will have any problems as long as you let the engine dry out for a bit before starting it.