PDA

View Full Version : MB Paint Cleaner, oxidation, what is it?

square
07-16-2004, 09:04 PM
I used an interesting product today. Has anyone used it before? What is it comparable with in the Mequires line? Is it just repackaged Mequires?

The product is called Mercedes Benz Paint Cleaner and is available from Mercedes Benz dealers, According to the bottle, the product is "formulated exclusively for Mercedes Benz automobiiles by Mequires." The product description states that it removes contaminants, oxidation, swirls, blemishes, .... , it also claims to have Jojoba oil to lubricate and moisturize the finish. The directions state to follow with MB Paint Care, which I believe is a wax/protectant.

MB Paint Cleaner is a medium green in color. The product is not SMR #9, DACP, or Mequires #2, as I have those and can compare. Smell wise, somewhat like #2.

The car I detailed today had a few bad areas of oxidation. I tried #9, then DACP, then #2, all applied with a PC. The oxidation would not come off. I had this Mercedes Paint Cleaner, but never opened it. I tried it, not expecting much. I applied by hand, and it removed the oxidation. I was surprised and impressed!

Maybe it has the right chemical composition to attack the oxidation, or maybe I applied more pressure by hand? I was sure #2 or DACP would work, but they did not. Any ideas?

gbackus
07-16-2004, 10:05 PM
Possibly medallion?

vinnymack
07-17-2004, 01:42 PM
i wonder how much it costs compare to just the meguiars name

NavindraLR
07-17-2004, 01:45 PM
my dad has that as well... but i never tried it... he also has some mb paint polish?? ok, out to the garage now to see whats the deal with these products...

square
07-19-2004, 08:03 PM
It is $9.50 for 16oz. Seems reasonable!

http://www.asc4u.com/search.asp?7=paint+cleaner&1=Go