PDA

View Full Version : Scottwax Poorboys EX or EX P?

94BlkStang
07-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Got a quick question. I`m going to purchase some Poorboys EX or EX P. I`ve heard one`s better for light colored cars and one`s better for dark colored cars. I have a white Navigator and a black Mustang and would prefer to only get one. Which would you recommend. I have some Meguiars #20 also. Would I notice a reasonable improvement? I have some Vanilla Moose on order and plan to use it as a polish/glaze first. Will S100 be a good topper over the Poorboys? Thanks for the help. Anyone who has any other input is invited to give there opinion also.:D

MattZ28
07-16-2004, 08:41 PM
I love EX-P. It gives a very clear wet look on any color. I topped it with S100, and I couldn`t believe the shine and depth. Awesome combo IMO.

94BlkStang
07-16-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by MattZ28

I love EX-P. It gives a very clear wet look on any color. I topped it with S100, and I couldn`t believe the shine and depth. Awesome combo IMO.

Thanks Matt. Have you used the EX with carnuaba or any other sealants that you can compare it to? I have a new bottle of Meguiars #20, but I`ve heard so much about Poorboys that I`m willing to give it a try.

thinksnow
07-16-2004, 09:41 PM
#20 is highly underrated. If I were you, I would pick up the EX (w/ carnauba). On your black car, you can layer #20-->EX for the deeper look with decent durability. On your light car you can stay with the #20 for the crisper, more reflective look.

Remember that #20 has cleaners in it--keep away from trim:)

MattZ28
07-16-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by 94BlkStang

Thanks Matt. Have you used the EX with carnuaba or any other sealants that you can compare it to? I have a new bottle of Meguiars #20, but I`ve heard so much about Poorboys that I`m willing to give it a try.

I have used Zaino Z5 and Z2, 1Z Glanz (if you consider that a sealant), and NXT. EX-P is still my favorite....the slickest out of them all, and has the unique water sheeting ability that most sealants/waxes do not have.

Deanski
07-16-2004, 09:50 PM
If you look at some of my pics recently, the SC430 was coated with ONE coat of EX-P and only waited 15 minutes.

On Poorboy`s World website, there are several pics of the SC430 on the bottom to view. These were all low resolution I may add.

During our Poorboy`s World Detail Day tomorrow, I/we will show the effects of adding a carnuba on top of EX-P. I/we will put Nattys and Souveran just to show how much it can effect the look.

Honestly, if you had two bottles of EX and EX-P you can make a better choice, as we do not have the ability to appreciate the look as you can with your own eyes.

Since it`s low cost, I`d get both so you could do just what I said. They don`t call it Poorboy`s for nuthin`:p

Regards,

Deanski

Scottwax
07-17-2004, 12:22 AM
I`d get both. EX w/carnauba is awesome on black, especially with good prep. Very liquid look. I had VM/CMW on my 626, then topped it with Souveran and quite honestly, I was a bit dissapointed. Souveran normally works great on black but there wasn`t much improvement....but the paint felt incredibly slick and even after washing it tonight at the local coin-op (using my own soap and wash pad), it was very slick but just didn`t look as liquid as I wanted. I added a layer of EX w/carnauba and (at least at night under artificial lighting), the paint seemed to shimmer. I`ll probably add another coat sometime this week and then stop and see how well it holds up.

EX-P is great on light colors and even on dark but it isn`t quite as deep looking as EX w/carnauba.

#20 would make a great base for either EX since it does have mild cleaners. The application of EX might remove some of #20`s protective qualities but not the cleaning capabilities and either EX is pretty durable in their own right.

94BlkStang
07-17-2004, 12:26 AM
Thanks Scott. I appreciate the reply. :D

Alex Creasey
07-17-2004, 02:52 PM
After quite a long period of trying out various combo`s on my Midnight purple paint (pearlescent purple), I`ve really been happy with the EX now I`ve gone back to it. I like the EX-P but the EX is just that little bit better for, as Scott says... Making the paint shimmer on darker colours, especially with Vanilla Moose underneath it. The EX-P always made my car very reflective which is great for getting noticed but, the EX really brings out the varying colour of my paint... Very happy :).

a pic with EX-P.... http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=6507&size=big&papass=&sort=1

Will be adding another coat of EX tomorrow, and then a carnauba topper so will hopefully have some new pics soon!

Cheers :).

Horseman2475
07-17-2004, 03:56 PM
I have 2 coats of EX-P. Should I put EX with Carnauba on top of it?

Pats300zx
07-17-2004, 04:26 PM
I love EX-P on on red. I have tried it on my red F150 with VM. The look was very reflective.

After 3 weeks I topped it with S100 and it definitely gave it depth.

Its a great product for sure...:up