PDA

View Full Version : Application Tips

imported_ENiver
07-16-2004, 07:49 PM
Tomorrow I am going to detail my mustang. I am going to use Menzerna IP with a yellow or white pad with the PC, next I am going to use Menzerna FP II with a yellow or white pad, and then I am going to use Klasse AIO with a white pad, then I am going to top it off with Zaino Z5 and Z2. This will be my first detail with the PC so I am a little nervous and had some question. First of all I am still wondering which pads to use for which polishes, I was thinking about yellow with IP and FP II and white with AIO and by hand with MF for the Zaino. My second question is when I use the PC do I buff the whole car and then remove it or do I go little by little and remove it each time. My next question is how long do I wait to take it off and what do I take it off with?

Thanks

Erik

Here is a picture of the swirls in the direct sunlight, do you think that this combo will rid me of these swirls and oxidation?

NNives
07-17-2004, 08:15 PM
I think you need to stay away from Zaino. I would go with VM for your final polish. Apply the vanilla moose with a yellow cutting pad. EX-p might do a good job at filling in those swirls and fine scratches on your Mustang.

imported_YouGottaBeLeaf
07-17-2004, 08:45 PM
I haven`t used IP but I`ve used FP II with a white pad. Worked very well. The yellow pad might be a little too abrasive for FP II since you want the FP II to be your final polish before AIO (which basically has no abrasiveness to remove swirls).