PDA

View Full Version : My Dad`s Car

Anthony O.
07-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Well as many of you know my dad pased away on Wednesday and I am so grateful for all the response from all of you. I recieved PM`s, E-mails and then the many replies to the thread I posted about me not being around much and I wish to thank all of you who have replied. They were very thoughtful and helped me and my whole family out a great deal as I told them of your well wishes and prayers.

As I was going through some stuff I ran across this photo of my dads 1983 E 230 Mercedes. He bought it while in Germany and it has a rare 4 speed manual transmission, at least rare in the states.

My dad just loved this car and often joked about being buried in it:D

We took this picture some years ago and it was supposed to be used in an ad for a car care line of products but they company never got off the ground. My dad loved the picture though so I thought I would scan it and share it with you all. I hope the picture shows well on the PC as I had to really tweak it after it was scanned.

I only have this one picture of it and as soon as I can I plan on detailing it and then taking some more and post them up. I also have some more pics of some work I have done today but the batteries in my digicam ran out of juice so I`ll have to take the "AFTER" shots next week:(

Thanks,

Anthony

bjwebster
07-16-2004, 06:39 PM
Thats a sweet lookin Benz.

Anthony O.
07-16-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by bjwebster

Thats a sweet lookin Benz.

:D Thanks......we nicknamed it "The Mafia Ride" :cool:

Anthony

stilez
07-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Classic! What are the badges on the grille of?

Once again, very sorry about your loss and glad us here at Autopia could help ya get through it a little easier.

Bill D
07-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Wow! Very nice! :xyxthumbs The E classes from the 80s through early 90s are among my favorite modern cars.

Scottwax
07-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Great looking older Benz. I can see why your Dad was so proud of it.

I`m really sorry to hear about his passing.

Anthony O.
07-16-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by GSRstilez

Classic! What are the badges on the grille of?

Once again, very sorry about your loss and glad us here at Autopia could help ya get through it a little easier.

Thank you Sean.

The badges are of some towns that my mom and dad drove through when they were in Germany. I believe one is Stuttgart and another Frankfurt. The third I am not sure.

Scott & Bill, thank you also:)

Anthony